16

-Alia Romano-

"Why do you insist on dragging me everywhere?" I mumble as Evret drags me through the halls of my brothers mansion.

"Big day you have Ms. Romano. Can you just chill out?" I couldn't see his face but I could tell he rolled his eyes.

I groaned as Alessio and Matteo came to view in the big office that was meant for one person.

Evret pushed me to sit on the couch in the corner.

I watched the three of them converse about gods knew what and I fiddled with the ring on my finger.

I couldn't tell how long they were talking but once Alessio did an introductory cough, I instantly looked up.

"So, sister. It's been about 3 weeks since your-"

"Punishment?" I interrupted.

"Well, I'd call it more of a leave of absence." Matteo said as he sat with his legs open. Very un ladylike.

"Anyways, your month it's just about up, so as a way to ease you back into the field, your first mission is today with Matteo and Ev." I may have looked bored but I wasn't. He just talks to much.

I watched Alessio round the desk and pick up a folder, "And it's your favorite type of event."

"Do I get to kill someone?" I said bluntly.

Silence.

"The unfortunate soul will be one of Jaspers high ranks. He's been a thorn in my side for a few weeks and I really don't feel like getting my hands dirty right now." He flipped through the folder before handing it to me.

"The thing about being the little sister of The Italian Don, is that no one knows you."

"That's very unlikely, I've slept with a lot of wives since your upcoming brother." I smirked down at the papers in my lap. "You'd be surprised by how many of them left their husbands."

"I'm going to ignore what you just said, because ew." Evret murmured.

"Can we stop getting off track please. Your objective is on the chart." He pointed.

I read the paragraphs of how the mission should be achieved and what I'm going to kill him with, but not why. My expression twisted as I read about the man.

"He seems like such a nice guy, what has he done to earn such a gruesome death?" I looked up.

Alessio sighed, "Death threats."

I made a face for him to continue.

"Towards you and Evret."

"Wait, why am I just now hearing about this?" Evret adjusted in his seat.

Alessio sighed, again, "Because you would've been stupid to go off and try to find the fucker yourself and then possibly get yourself killed."

Evret opened his mouth to say something it after another second of thought he huffed and sat back with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Be ready by 8. It's a charity event hosted by Lorenzo."

"Lorenzo?" Me and Matteo said.

"He's been our only intelligence on Jaspers crew since the alliance. He was successful in getting his spies in." I nodded in understanding.

After another few moments of silence, Ale clapped his hands together and hurried us off.

~