18

-Evret James-

My vision was foggy. And god I was in so much pain.

"Fuck." I groaned as I tried sitting up. I looked down at my hand covered in blood. "Hey guys." My voice was a mere whisper.

"Vaffanculo!" Alia shouted as she dumped her bullets on the car next to us. No doubt killing the man in the driver seat.

The man who shot me.

"Guys." I tried again. Alia turned around in her seat.

Her eyes went big before she gasped, "Shit." I watched her climb in the back seat to sit next to me. "Fucking, SHIT!"

I felt tired. My lungs seemed to be over working.

"It hurts." I say. Her attention turns back to me.

"Okay. It's okay. You're gonna be okay Migliore amico!" She wiped a tear from my face that I didn't notice had fallen.

God she was so beautiful. I was jealous of everyone that got to be with her intimately when I had the best relationship with her.

We were friends. We are best friends.

"Just hold on Ev! I'm calling Winter!" Alia said, "Get to the hospital as quick as you can."

I heard a phone dial and then the calming voice of the Snow White haired princess was a melody to my ears.

Yes, I did want to get with her too but that was before I found out she was lesbian.

"Win, he's bleeding. Gun shot!" Alia spoke, "N-No. I don't think so, Ev, can you breathe?" She asked.

I tried to shrug but it hurt me even more, "It hurts." Is all I could get out.

Bright white lights appeared above us and the door was open.

Everything was moving so fast.

"Gun shot wound to the chest! I-I don't know his vitals. Get Doctor Williams!" Alia barked out orders.

She quickly grabbed my hand as they helped me onto the stretcher.

Everything hurts.

"Hey, l-look at me." She urged, so I did. "You're gonna be alright. Okay? You will be fine Ev!"

I nodded my head.

They rushed me down the halls into a private emergency bed. I groaned as they moved me from the stretcher to the bed and again as they stuck me with needles and even as they ripped my clothes from my chest.

You'll be okay.

I saw Winter walk in, "Hey Ev? Can you hear me? I need you to talk to me!" Her voice was so angelic.

"He's going into cardiac arrest, push 3 of Epi, and get me the paddles!" I've never heard her yell before.

It hurts.

My heart sped up, and I could feel it. I felt everything. The drug being pushed through my veins. My eyes shutting as the bullet had moved deeper into my chest.

I felt the tears in my face and my body felt... dead.

But I wasn't dead. Yet. No because I felt my chest rising and falling.

It had been doing that for a few minutes now.

And when I opened my eyes, I saw everyone that had ever loved me standing around me.

But everything still hurt. And the tears that were falling from them all made it worse.

"They couldn't get the bullet out." I whispered.