8

*mature content:)*
-Matteo Rossi-

Alia was passed out in her old room. Me and Alessio were in his fathers study, listening to the bickering of Alonzo and my father.

I just sat there.

Winter was gone.

"That's it," Ani stands up, "I've had enough of all of you."

I look at her as she pulled her husband by the ear.

She came over to me and Alessio. Placing a kiss on his head then mine, "Get some sleep I miei figli. We will solve this in the morning."

I nodded, "Buonanotte."

"Buonanotte mamma." Alessio kissed her cheek.

Evret stood in the corner of the room as Ani dragged her husband out. Leaving me, Alessio, my father, and Evret.

We sat in silence.

"Go home. Or stay. We have extra rooms. Sleep." Alessio stood, "Mama said we will solve this in the morning, and I agree." He walked up to my father and shook his hand.

But papa pulled him in for a hug, one that made Alessio instantly wrap his arms around him.

When they were done, Alessio went up to Evret and did a quick handshake with him.

He just knocked the side of my head when he left.

I was close to getting up and tackling him but Alia was clouding my mind.

"Papa you remember where your room is right?" I stood up.

He nodded his head, "If I can't find it, I'll call your mothers cell. The woman has a mind like Mary Poppins purse." That made me smile.

"Night Ev." I waved at him.

"See ya." He waved back at me.

I wasn't headed to my room. Hell, that was the last place I wanted to be.

I walked up the stairs and down the hall to Alia's room.

I was about to knock but the door swank open. She stood there, in nothing but an oversized t-shirt.

Her golden legs glowing.

Her silver eyes shining.

And her eyes puffy. Her cheeks red.

I looked at her with worry, "Alia-"

She put her arms around my neck and buried her face in my chest.

I let my hands hover over her body for a second, but finally pulling her closer by the waist, my other hand resting in her hair.

She sniffled, "Tell me," she pulled back slightly, "Tell me she's going to be okay."

I looked at her glossy eyes, "You know I can't promise that." I said truthfully.

She nodded and let go of me, the loss of her touch made me frown. She walked back in her room but didn't shut the door, seemingly leaving it open for me.

I stepped inside, watching her pace as I closed the door softly behind me.

"Ali." I tried but she put her hand up, silencing me.

"What did you guys find?" She asked, calling her breathing by each passing second.

I shook my head and watched my shoes, "We uh- we didn't find much." It wasn't a lie.

"So tell me what you did find." She walked closer to me.

"Alessio will do a briefing tomorrow morning with all of us, right now, you need to get some sleep."