29

-Alia Romano-

I push back into Sam. Enclosing myself into the darkness.

I spare a glance over at Matteo who seems to be trying to do the same thing too.

"I know she's here." Aeron—no, not Aeron. Whoever this is—Aeron is dead. "Find her and bring her to me."

The two men that stood behind him leave the room, I hear their steps march down the hallway.

He's still in the room however.

My gun shakes in my hand, so much to the point where I have to squeeze my wrist to stop it from hitting any of the buckles of my outfit.

"We could make this easy, or hard." He spoke, "Who are you?"

I sucked in a breath and pushed farther into the dark.

"I can see you." He spoke again. "Come out."

I saw out of the corner of me eye, Sam stood straight. He looked down at me for a slight second, enough for me to hint him with a shake of my head to play it cool.

"Come out here. Come on now, I won't hurt you."

Sam was careful enough to step around Matteo and walk from behind the case.

"What is your name." He asked.

I saw Sam swallow, "I should ask you that. You should be dead, Aeron."

The man put a hand over his chest in surprise, a laugh rolling through his body, "Oh you have me mistaken for my brother, I'm Andrew. My brother was Aeron."

Sam was silent. He didn't let his eyes roam over to us, and I was more than thankful for that.

Outside of the door, I heard hun shots and some shouts. It scared me enough to make me shake in fear.

I felt a hand wrap around my shoulder and when I looked over, Matteo gave me sympathetic but calming eyes. He imitated a deep breath and I followed.

"Who do you work for? The Romanos? Or that Rossi kid?" Andrew circled around Sam.

He didn't answer. I could see his trembling hands and all I could do was pray that this kid makes it out alive.

"Well, it doesn't really matter, they're connected either way. But I know one of them is here. Which is it? Is it Alessio? Matteo? Hm?" Andrew stopped in front of him. His arms crossed at his chest, "Or is it Alia?"

Sam went super still.

'Please, please whatever gods are listening right now, let him live!' I prayed.

"Such a rare beauty she is. Not completely surprised my brother was so obsessed with her."

More distant gun shots came from down the hall.

"But you see, she killed him. And Aidan. And you don't mess with my family, unless you have a death wish. And that seems to be what she had."

Not a single nerve twitched in his body.

'I'm so sorry Sam.'

"Are you new, Sam?" Andrew suddenly said.

He's knows we're here. He has too. He's playing games.

"H-How do you know my n-name." Sam stumbles a step back.

"I know she's here Sam. I heard her orders. She's a rather loud person, might I add." He cringes, "Just tell me where she is, and I will let you live."

Sam looks around nervously, trying to look in my direction, but not.

"I-I don't know. She walked out with the rest of them a-and left me here to watch the package." He lied.