7

-Alia Romano-

Maria hit Evret on the back of his head, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop coming in here like it's a club?"

Evret rubbed the spot she hit. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah you better be."

We now sat a bigger table, me and Matteo's meals were turned into a big lunch per Mama Rossi's request.

I ate the a forkful of the creamy noodles before me, moaning at the taste.

Matteo coughed and kicked my leg.

"Sorry, it's just so good."

"That's alright bambina. Let the girl eat Matty." Mama Rossi said.

I snorted at the name again which earned me a glare from Matteo.

"Okay." Evret said, "So the good news is, we know where who it is."

"Who what?" Matteo put his arms on the table.

"Maybe I should've started with the bad news." Evret says.

"Who did what Evret?" My tone was deep.

"Winter was taken."

Maybe my heart just shattered a second time. Or I was dreaming.

Maybe both?

Or was it real? No. No it's not real. Alessio would never allow that to happen. Not to her.

"Alia?"

I can't feel my hands. I looked down and saw them shaking rather uncontrollably.

Would Evret allow that to happen? I mean he was joking when he walked in here. Well, that is him trying to be positive.

"Alia?" Who is calling me?

My heart started racing.

Did I hear him right?

Who would take Winter? She's as innocent as a white daisy in a forest.

"Alia." I looked up at Matteo. His gaze was soft. "Come on." He said and put his hand in mine.

He walked us out of the restaurant and guided me to the little garden behind the building.

I squeezed his hand.

He stopped walking and turned me so I was looking at him, "Breath Alia! I need you to breath." He said in such a soft tone.

"W-Who would t-take her?" I trembled.

"We're going to figure that out, but right now, I need you to breath."

I felt light headed. I this what they call a panic attack?

"Come here." He said and embraced me in his arms.

I started to feel okay. I started to feel grounded. And reality was hitting me like a bitch right now.

He hugged me tight. My arms going around his torso and pulling him closer to me.

"It's okay. We're going to get her back." He cooed.

~

After being outside for a little bit, I finally worked up the courage to go back inside and listen to what Evret had to say.

He was arguing with Maria again.

"How could you let this happen idiota?"

"You think I would let this happen? No, Quindi smettila di chiamarmi per nome." So stop calling me names.