12

-Evret James-

"You know maybe if you stopped moving, Win, it wouldn't hurt so much." I say.

Winter groans as she lays on her stomach, "Or maybe, you don't know what you're doing—OW!"

"Or maybe I do and you just need to keep still."

She huffed and placed her head on her hands. I continued to clean her up.

God, even now, she's stubborn as hell.

But still beautiful.

She physically pushed the EMT away. She didn't want anyone she didn't trust to help her. And she knows, better than anyone, that if you are hurt, you take the help you are offered.

So I offered.

She only had about four slashes for the days she was gone. I'm just glad she didn't have as many as Alia when we found her.

"Where... where is Ali." She asked.

I focused on cleaning her wounds, "Back at the warehouse. With Matteo and Alessio." I state.

She nods the best she could. "Do you think I was wrong?"

Shit. Relationship stuff, I'm not entirely to great with that type of advice.

I sigh, "You did what your heart felt was right. If you couldn't stand seeing her get hurt anymore, then okay. But you have to remember, that's what you signed up for the moment she told you."

She was silent for a moment, her head tilting a bit to look at me, "When did you become all wise Evy?"

I blushed at the nickname she had for me. Causing me to turn my head and cough it away.

I grumbled, "I'm just as surprised as you are." I said, "Lay down and stop moving so you don't get an infection."

She did as I told her.

This hurts me more than it hurts her. Two of my best friends—out of the four—are going through something I've only experienced probably twice in my life time, and it hurts that I can't help them.

It hurts to see them like this.

Even if I do have a different love for Win than I do Ali.

"Are you almost done? We've been doing this for almost an hour now." She complains.

"It would've gone by quicker of you just let me call one the trauma nurses, or let the EMT do it." 

She huffs, "I'm not ready to be the one they have to care for yet." She says, "I don't want their pity."

I nod my head even if she's not looking at me, "I understand," I sort of understand, "It's going to take time to open up and heal from this. It took her time, a lot of it. But the mask has to come of one day Win."

She was hiding. She may have thought that I didn't notice, but I did. Her unusual cheeriness. The off topic questions or conversation starters that completely avoid the fact she was held captive for four days with one of the most deadliest killers ever known to man.

She was hiding.

And yet, part of me doesn't blame her one bit.

-Alia Romano-

"Leave his body for the cops to find. They'll probably be happy to know that he's dead." I pick up my belt from where I threw it.

"Tell Lorenzo and Ricky to meet us at the penthouse for a follow up." Alessio says as he walks out of the door.