26

-Alia Romano-

We arrived at the landing strip just 30 minutes before takeoff.

Matteo took our bags and handed them off to one of the flight attendants waiting for us.

He helped me out of the car next, my hand in his till we got to the stairs and boarded the private jet.

Before I entered, I turned around to catch a glimpse of the start of this mornings sun rise before being constricted in a metal box for 11 hours.

Matteo stood behind me, his hands going to my hips and his lips kissing my neck, "We have to leave now, or else we won't make it there on time." He whispered.

I leaned back in his touch, a slight groan falling from my lips before I turnt around and kissed him. "Fine."

He stepped back to let me in first. The inside of the plane was mostly leather and polished birch.

I sat down in one of the seats, Matteo sat in front of me, he dug in his pocket for his phone.

It wasn't too short after we boarded that the pilot had announced our departure.

I turned to the window to watch the sun move higher in the sky even as we rode with it.

For about an hour, I read a book off my kindle reader, Corrupt by Penelope Douglas to be more exact. I start feeling tired.

I'm guessing Matteo noticed because he stood up and came over to sit next to me.

"Lay down." He gestured to his lap.

I looked at him tiredly before giving in and resting my head on his thigh. I will admit, it was the most comfortable I will ever be on a plane, but the thought of any of the flight attendants seeing us and reporting back to Alessio, that was what scared me.

I didn't snuggle into the comfort of his body so much because of the thought, but as soon as I felt my body relax and sleep take over, I had also felt him wrap his arms around me and pull me upwards.

I noticed he had shifted a bit, but I didn't care to wake up.

I felt my shoes being pulled off. A hair the slipping from my wrist, and my hair being pulled up loosely. A light weight was settled over me, and I suddenly felt warmer.

Not really understanding what position he was sitting in, but also not caring, I was able to wrap my arms around his waist.

I held him close as he did me. And we stayed like that for the entirety of the flight until we were woken by one of the flight attendants.

"Maam. Sir, we're landing shortly. The captain has asked for us to put our seat belts on." He said to me, a hand on my shoulder removed the second I opened my eyes.

I yawned and nodded as I sat up.

Matteo had moved me so I was practically laying on him. He used the reclining seat as a bed, his head tipped back and his arms were crossed at his chest.

I was half covered in a airline issued blanket and his leather jacket.

Somehow just the sight of him intrigued me. He was so peaceful. Like nothing in the world has ever bothered him.

A smile creeped up on his lips and I could tell he was definitely not asleep anymore.

His eyes were still closed, "Would you like a picture?" His voice was raspy and overall sexy.

I blushed at his comment, "Would you mind?"

He cracked an eye open, "It would only be fair considering the pictures I took of you earlier." He sat up a bit and stretched his back.