11

-Alia Romano-

"I have to say, Aeron, I'm- I'm flattered. But you did try to kill me. And my girlfriend." I state.

"Ex! Ex girlfriend." Winter mumbles behind me.

"Really not the time Win." I yell back, not taking my eyes off of Aeron. "You are a murder."

"And so are you." Aeron says, "your family owns the Italian mob. Your brother is the Don, how am I any worse?"

"Because we don't kill innocent the people." I say with a bit of disgust running through my voice.

Aeron was silent for a moment. His expression changing, "So you don't love me?"

I shake my head, "Hell no."

"Then let me win your love." He says, "Fight me. If I win, I keep you-"

"I am going to stop you right there, Only because I do want to either put a bullet in your head or drive a blade through your neck, but I am not just some object you can keep after a victory. I am not a trophy, and I will be damned if you think I will be one."

Anger swelling in my blood, I unclip my gun belt and throw my gun next to it on the floor.

The sinister smirk on Aerons face was frightening but motivating, like a brand new target ready for shooting practice.

Aiden straightens in the corner.

I unsheathed two blades that I stuck under the bodice of my shirt.

"Now guns. Just blades." I say.

Aeron nods and drops his gun. He only pulls out one dagger. Not even, a hunting knife.

"Big ego much?" I tilt my head.

"Ali you sure this is a good idea?" Matteo says behind me.

"No. But he has a very punchable face and I'm curious to know how many scars I can put on him." I reply.

"Please don't get yourself killed." Evret says.

""Nice advice Ev, I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

Aiden steps forward just as I get a presence at my backside. I didn't have to turn to know it was my dad.

He stood a few feet behind me.

He was always my biggest supporter, especially in training.

"Come at me princess." Aeron teases.

We circle each other, my head low and his high.

I went straight when he charged me, swiping his blade at my stomach. He missed and I moved to the side, kicking him so he falls.

He groans but gets back up.

"You're really gonna let a girl beat you?" I taunt, "I thought you were better than that Aeron."

He charges me again but I'm quicker. I duck swipe his legs, watching at the blood drips off the silver, he went over my head and on his back.

"Usually black cats are good fighters." I say.

He's limping now, but it's my turn to charge him.

Instead of going head first, I stop about two feet away and push off my left foot. I roll in the air as my right leg extends and my boot makes contact with his face.

I land in a superhero stance, watching as Aeron holds his face and rocks on his feet.

I go down and swipe his legs from under him. He falls back.