jealousy || cheongsan x onjo

[IMAGINE... cheongsan starts dating a girl and onjo gets jealous, but he figures her feelings out for him before she does]

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Hey... is that Cheong-san?!

On-jo glances up from her lunch tray to her friend, I-sak, who was gaping open-mouthed, her eyes bulging at something in the distance.

She raises her eyebrows as she follows her line of sight and almost spits out her food at what she saw.

Cheong-san, her bestfriend of ten years that has always been that dopey, jovial —doesn't take life seriously type of guy— was walking in the cafeteria holding hands with the popular senior, Park So-yeon!

"Since when...", On-jo mumbled with her mouth full as she stared dumbfounded at the unexpected pairing as they sat at a table across the room, talking to each other and laughing.

She watches as they face each other, acting as if it's just the two of them in this room. Cheong-san lifted his hand and twirled a black strand of her perfect hair in his fingers before tucking it behind her ear. The movement made So-yeon blush furiously as he smirked.

She didn't realize she was gripping her chopsticks so tightly until I-sak said something.

"On-jo, are you okay?", she says to her as she sees an angry expression on her bestfriend.

"I-I'm fine", she lies as she finally tears her eyes away from them and continues to eat her lunch. She doesn't know why she is behaving this way, but whatever it was needed to stop.

She forces the food down her throat and keeps talking with I-sak despite hearing their laughs from across the room.

How on earth did those two ever come to like each other? They had nothing in common. Two people from opposite ends of the social ladder, she thought.

As everyone was getting up to put their trays  away since the lunch period was ending, her and I-sak were about to get up as well until On-jo feels the clatter of trays ontop of her own.

Still sitting down, she slowly travels her eyes up and standing in front of her is Cheong-san who had his hands in his pockets like the careless guy he was.

"Meet you two at the chicken place? My mom is trying out more new recipes", he says.

"Hey, I love your free chicken but two days in a row?", I-sak chirps with a frown on her face.

"Tch, you don't have to come then. I can bring someone else—"

"I won't be there." They both look to On-jo who spoke and was visibly glaring up at Cheong-san.

He stares at her, the way her striking eyes were harshly throwing daggers at his face. He felt unnerved at her expression. "Why?", he asks.

She suddenly shoots up from her seat and shoves the lunch trays towards him causing the two to startle.

"Take them yourself", she snaps before storming out of the cafeteria.

I-sak and Cheong-san stood there stunned at the sight of her unexpected behaviour.

What's going on with her?, Cheong-san thought.