drunk in love || mijin x hari [mature themes]

✧*̥˚ This oneshot is dedicated to RonaGatchalian *̥˚✧

[IMAGINE... one night during their months of quarantine, hari visits the memorial tree onjo had made, with mijin — 2000 words]

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ : includes sexual themes.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

Ha-ri and Mi-jin are both walking up the hill as the moon hanged high in the starry night sky, the cold weather kissing their exposed cheeks as they treaded among the rocky path

Clinging to their coats, they spotted the tree that On-jo had made in memory of all the people they've lost to this horrible event.

"You know, she could've chosen somewhere much closer to the campsite", Mi-jin complains as she shiveres at the breeze.

The two approaches the tall tree, its branches connecting strings that hanged little notes with heartfelt messages of sorrow, regrets and endearment.

"Better up here than down there", Ha-ri solemnly replies.

They pull out the snacks from their coats and place them amongst the floor and Ha-ri hangs a note on the tree. A message to her brother.

They stood there in silence in memory of all the people they've lost, eyeing the other notes that hung on the tree.

The clatter of glass bottles is heard coming out of Mi-jin's coat, in her hand a 4-pack of soju beer.

"Where did you get that?", Ha-ri questions as she watches Mi-jin place a bottle down next to the snacks before handing one to her.

"One of the uncles gave it to me. Apparently I reminded him of his late wife", she answers with a roll of her eyes.

"That sounds like an uncomfortable conversation", Ha-ri humors as she eyes the alcohol bottle in her hand, now feeling the urge to drown her sorrows tonight.

"Oh, it was. But at least he gave me some compensation for that", she chuckles lowly as she pops open the alcohol followed by Ha-ri.

Taking a cheers before the tree in rememberamce, the two walk away from the tree and go for a stroll as they continue to drink.

Not wanting to return immediately to the camp, they find a comfortable looking grassy area under another tree that seemed cozy enough.

They rest there as they continue swallowing their pain away, the soju beginning to take effect as they feel the warm buzz settling in.

"How long do you think they're gonna keep us here?", Mi-jin ponders, taking a swig of the second soju bottle.

"I don't know", Ha-ri slightly slurs as she stares ahead at the view of the campsite from below the mountain, drinking her soju as it comes to finish.