Chapter 2 - Him

He just got back to his office after an hour of an important meeting with his board members. Being the company's CEO, it's normal for him to be busy but today's extra hectic as it's the end of the month and he's reviewing the company's financials and revenue.

He sighs deeply before checking the time on his watch. It's 12 noon. "It's lunchtime." He thought. For a while, he was thinking deeply. After some time, he stood up, took the bag placed on the pedestal near him, and went straight to the cafeteria. He went from the 18th floor to the 17th floor where the cafeteria is. Everyone immediately bowed their heads as he passed by them while he slightly nodded his head as a response to their action.

He arrived at the cafeteria and sitted on his favorite spot, the end side of the room beside the big open window. He took the lunch box from the bag and started eating.

Taehyung: "Food is always nice." He whispered while silently eating his food. His wife, Jisoo, always prepares food for him. She knows that he's always busy and most of the time he skips his meals because of work. She packed meals for him to eat every day, knowing that he doesn't have so much free time to go around the area and find a good place to eat during lunch breaks. And he acknowledged and appreciated this effort of her.

-

Time skipped. It's late in the afternoon. Taehyung grabbed his phone and started typing a message.

Taehyung: I'll be home late. Don't wait for me.

After a couple of minutes, she responded.

Jisoo: You have a lot of work today?

Taehyung is still holding his phone.

Taehyung: Work is done but I have to meet a business partner over dinner. After that, I'll be meeting some friends too.

Jisoo: Okay. Enjoy your time. Take care 😊

He didn't reply anymore. He slowly placed his phone on the table and directed his gaze to the open space in front of him.

Taehyung and Jisoo are not the typical husband and wife. They were forced to marry each other, no love involved. Well, she loves him but he does not reciprocate the same feeling. That's the sad reality and they're both aware of it.

For him, their marriage is just out of paper. He is man enough to treat her right out of respect but not to the level of romantic married couple relationship. He has been acting cold and distant from her ever since they were wedded. He doesn't hate her. He just does not have any special feelings for her. 

-

-

It's 11 PM. Taehyung came out of his car from the parking garage and walked through the front porch of the house. He opened the door and was greeted by a dimly lit living room. Before he could walk further, he notices her.

Jisoo: "Tae." She said with a smile.

Taehyung: "I told you not to wait for me. It's late." He responded while looking in her direction.