Chapter 12 - Forgotten

Taehyung was pacing back and forth in the living room. It's midnight and Jisoo has not come home yet.

Taehyung: "Did you find her?" He asked over the phone.

Man: "N-no Sir. We're still looking-" The man was cut off as Taehyung interrupted him.

Taehyung: "All of you are fi-" He was shouting but was unable to complete his statement as he notice someone opened the door.

His heart beats faster as he saw the figure he has been eager to see for the past couple of hours. Without saying anything to the person he was speaking to over the phone, he hung up and rushed through the door.

Taehyung: "Ji-" He said, worriedly. He stopped on his track while observing her unusual state.

She's drunk...

All the more that he got worried as his wife never drink any alcoholic beverages. Seeing her like this made him feel guilty.

Taehyung: "Ji- are you drunk? Where have you been? I've been looking for you." He said with a worried tone, one after the other.

Jisoo was holding her head. She feels numb and dizzy. Without saying anything, she tried walking passed him, not uttering any words.

Taehyung: "Jisoo." He said again, this time grabbing her wrist. "Talk to me please? Wife?" He pleads.

Jisoo finally lifted her head, from looking at the floor to meeting his eyes. Her eyes are puffy and red. Her hair is disheveled. She's looking like a mess.

Jisoo: "Wi-Wife. You... you really... ha-have the...guts... to call me... that." She said. Her words tumbling from her mouth.

He was taken aback by her words. This time, he already knew that Jisoo saw what happened back in his office.

Taehyung: "Jisoo... Hear me out, please." His eyes are glossy and pleading. His hand is still holding her wrist.