Chapter 25 - Now and Forever

9 months later...

Jisoo woke up from her sleep. She yawned before pulling herself up and sitting on the bed. She glanced at the clock on the bedside table.

3:05 AM

Jisoo slowly removed the blanket covering her body before bringing her feet to the floor. She was about to stand when her husband grabbed her arm.

Taehyung: "Let me, love." He said in a low and husky voice.

Jisoo looked at her husband for a moment.

Taehyung: "Go back to sleep, babe. Let me put her back to sleep." He said as he slowly pulled himself up from the bed.

Jisoo nodded with a small smile on her face before comfortably lying on the bed again.

Taehyung walked toward the crib and gently pick Hyun-Ji up, who was crying.

"Shhh. Don't cry, baby. Papa's here." He cooed quietly.

"Stop crying now, Hyun-Ji. Mama's resting and you might wake your brother up." He was talking to his daughter sweetly.

He placed his daughter's head on his shoulder and bounced her in his arms as he carefully opened the door and left the room.

It has been 3 weeks since the twins were born. Taehyung cannot stop admiring his wife and loving her even more because of her love for him and their kids. From going through a sensitive pregnancy to taking care of the babies, day and night. At this point, all he can do is help his wife in any way he can which includes waking up in the middle of the night when one of the twins cries.

A couple of minutes passed and Hyun-Ji has not stopped crying. Taehyung decided to check her diaper, but it was clean. He thought maybe his daughter is hungry so he headed to the kitchen, holding the baby carefully in his arms. It took him 5 minutes to get the formula ready. He laid her on his lap and started feeding her.

After around 10 minutes, Hyun-Ji finished her milk and already drifted to deep sleep.

"That's my good girl." He whispered, looking at his daughter with so much admiration.

After some time, Taehyung was already back in the bedroom. He gently laid his daughter back in the crib. Before heading back to the bed, he quickly checks on his son, Jihyun, who's peacefully sleeping in his own crib.

Taehyung silently walked toward the bed, bringing his body beside his wife who he thought was already sleeping.

Jisoo: "Was it Hyun-Ji?" She asked softly.

Taehyung: "Why are you not sleeping yet?" He asked her while bringing her closer to his body, making her snuggle her head to his chest.

Jisoo comfortably wrapped her arm around his waist as she feels his warmth.

Jisoo: "It's hard to sleep without you beside me." She answered.

Well, she can easily fall to sleep after having a long and tiring day taking care of the twins while her husband works but still prefers to have him by her side before sleeping. She craves this peaceful moment with him.