Chapter 14 - Everything Has Changed

Jisoo: "But Tae, I love you. I have loved you before our marriage. I can't live without you." She was crying her heart out.

Taehyung: "You really think I will love you?" He scoffed.

Taehyung: "I never loved you and never will. You are nobody to me." He told her before walking away.

Jisoo was left sobbing with her heart broken into pieces.

Jisoo slowly opened her eyes. Tears continue to fall down her face. It was a dream. No, for her it was a nightmare.

Taehyung: "Hi, Good morning." He smiled at her as soon as she reached the dining room.

Jisoo was looking serious and didn't respond to him. She sat at her usual place at the table and started eating without saying anything. Taehyung noticed the difference in her mood. Well, after the accident, Jisoo has been cold and distant to him but today, he can see mixed emotions in her eyes. Anger, sadness, pain, all these emotions are evident in her eyes.

Taehyung: "A-are you o-okay?" He stuttered while asking her.

He knew that she was not okay and this bothers him. He hates it seeing her in this state.

Jisoo: "I'm fine." She said bitterly.

Taehyung: "Hmmm. Okay." He said before he continues finishing his food.

Taehyung casually glances at her while she eats silently. After a while, they finished their meal.

Taehyung: "Ji- I need to stay at the office a little late tonight." He started.

Jisoo: "And?" She asked coldly.

She was looking straight at him with a blank expression. Taeyhung suddenly felt the heaviness in his heart.

Taehyung: "Um. I- I just thought of telling you." He answered awkwardly.

Jisoo: "You don't have to tell me these things moving forward. You don't need to." She said, plainly.

Taehyung was hurt by her words. Jisoo stood up and took a few steps but she eventually stopped in her tracks.

Jisoo: "So I'm just curious. Are you working alone tonight or you're with someone?" She asked.

She turned to her side to look at him.

Taehyung: "I'm working alone." He answered with a sad tone.

Jisoo: "Really? Hmm. Okay." She said, still looking at him.

Both of them were looking at each other, not saying anything.

Jisoo: "You know, something inside me urged me to ask that question, the reason why I asked you." She revealed. "And I hope you didn't mind me asking that." She continued.

Taehyung slowly shook his head. His heart is clenching, he is afraid. Afraid that she might have started remembering what happened that night.

Without saying anything else, Jisoo left Taehyung behind feeling devastated.