Chapter 10: Trigger

LEAH'S P.O.V

The day had began as normal as any other day. I woke up, put on some decent clothing and prepared myself for yet another day at hell. But if i could have done anything to prevent the things that went down that day, i would have gotten back into bed. But thats one thing nobody can seem to prevent. Nobody can stop time. Nor can they rewind it or skip through time. So whatever happens happens and thats the way it is. But if i could have gone back and just stayed in bed, i could have prevented many things that will forever haunt me.

Sammy told me he could pick me up for school so i ran down the stairs and met a strangely happy Sammy. He was speaking to my mother and just in an unusal good mood. Sammy is NOT a morning person. He drove me to school and parked in his space. The space in which i got kicked out of on my first day here. But, both of the Jacks and the rest of their possy hadnt yet arrived. On any normal school morning they always arrive earlier so they can beat up whoever bothers them. But it wasnt a normal school day, that day was different.

Sammy walked me to his locker before briefly walking across the hall to his locker. The bell soon rang and none of the boys apart of Jacks possy had even bothered to arrive. I shrugged the thought off, I figured they were all home doing whatever. Anyway, as long as they werent here i was fine. I walked into my first class and about 15 minutes into class the door swings open violently and on the other side was a drunken jack holding a pistol out in front of him ready to pull the trigger.

At this point I didnt know what to think. I thought it was some kind of joke but then he pulled the trigger. and from that point forward all hell broke loose. The bullet flew, slow motion like, just soaring through the classroom and finally colliding with my English teacher.

Needless to say, she was dead. But that was not the worst part. The worst was yet to come. Kids screamed and ran around and i couldnt seem to grasp what was really happening. Jack was somewhat guarding the door and he turned himself still holding the gun out ready to pull the trigger on his next victim.

"I'll shoot." He slurred.

As he turned i noticed he had a beer can in his other hand and the aroma of Marijuana had filled the room as he shuffled into the room.

"Jack.." Somebody said from behind.

"What." He groaned.

"Jack, you dont know what you're doing, just put the gun down." It was Sammy's voice.

"DO YOU REALLY WANT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO RIGHT NOW?" Jack asked turning around and aiming the gun at Sammy.

I gasped loudly but Emily quickly covered my mouth with her hand. The class had some how all huddled together in a corner of the classroom. We all feared for our lives. We heard another gunshot and then another. Screams filled the highschool.

Sammy raised his hands in surrender, in hopes that would stop Jack from doing anything. But it only made Jack even more angry.

"I'VE GOT YOU RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU, SAM. I CAME HERE FOR YOU. YOU BETRAYED ME. YOU KNEW I HAD FEELINGS FOR LEAH." Jack screamed.

I gasped again and Emily's grip tightened.

"AND NOW. FINALLY I CAN PUT A BULLET RIGHT IN YOUR PRECIOUS FACE SO I CAN FINALLY GET WHAT I WANT." Jack yelled, louder.

Jack moved closer to Sammy and i felt like i was going to scream. I couldn't watch Sammy get shot, i wasn't going to allow it. My mind raced as I thought of ways i could prevent Sammy getting shot. I finally ran from the group, out into the open.

"PLEASE, DON'T SHOOT. PLEASE." I screamed.

Jack swung around and tensed as he saw me defending Sammy.

"Leah, run." Sammy said quietly.

"LEAH, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Jack screamed.

"Please, Jack, put the gun down." I said trying to calm him.

"DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" he screamed.

I froze and thought about my next course of action.

"Dont say another word, or i will shoot you and your little friend here." He said getting up in my face.

"DONT TOUCH HER." Emily shouted breaking through the group.

Jack spun around and shot her. Before i could even grasp what had just happened Emily fell to the ground stunned. I screamed and ran over to her.

"NO!" I shouted while hot tears ran down my face.

Sammy came to run over to comfort me but then got shot in the leg. My world froze around me and i was cautious. Jack slowly walked over to me and towered above me as i hovered over Emily's bloody chest.

"Im sorry, i didnt mean to hurt this many people. But im especially sorry for what im going to do next." He said and pulled out his gun.

Without hesitating he pulled the trigger.

I woke up this morning and it was a normal day. I woke up and did my normal morning routine and everything was perfectly normal. But if i were to have stayed in bed. If i were to have not shown up today.

This would have never happened. If only we could forsee the future. If only he hadnt pulled the trigger.

_________________________________

AN:

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, I WANTED TO END IT DRAMATICALLY. NEW CHAPTER SOON. SORRY FOR THE GAPS IN BETWEEN UPDATING.

I GOT INSPIRED BECAUSE I JUST FINISED BREAKING BAD AND I WANTED TO ADD SOME GUN ACTION BECAUSE BREAKING BAD IS AMAZING AND IF YOU DONT WATCH THE SHOW THEN YOU NEED TO RIGHT NOW. JESSE PINKMAN IS MY HUSBAND BTW.