Chapter 13

1850

It was quiet in the mansion, it was located deep in the forest, where vampires and other creatures were safe from humans. A scream disturbed the birds from the treetops, making them fly away. A woman laying on a bed screaming in pain, a pale woman by her side, washing the sweat from her forehead with a washcloth, a woman at the foot of the bed, who was coaching the women. " One last push," said the woman. A scream escaped her mouth as she pushed.  Other women gathered at the foot of the bed with a towel and wrap what appears to be a baby. "Congratulations Victoria," said the nurse. The other nurses take the baby away and make sure it's alright. Victoria lays on the bed panting, beads of sweat rolling down her forehead. A male, who looks panicked burst through the bedroom door. "Is everything alright?" He asked. "Yes, your highness, your queen is alright, along with your daughter" the nurse replied. "It's a girl?" said the queen, as she panted. "Yes, she is," The nurse said.

1860

A 10-year-old girl, with dirty blonde hair, played in a backyard, that was a field with flowers. She chased a tall boy, who had dark hair. "Be careful you two, the sun is about rise" Victoria said on a porch, that was connected to the mansion. "We will mother" the boy replied, stopping and rushing over to his mother, his sister rushed after him. "Come on you two, let's go inside, your father brought you food," Victoria said, as she lead them to the dining room. The two children sat beside each other, their father walked through the door, that led to the kitchen. He had two clear bags that were filled with blood. He placed it in front of them. The children looked up at him. "Today's the last day to be here, so get everything you want to take back to the kingdom," He said. 

The two kids bit into the bags and drained them. They placed them back on the table and got up and left to pack. Victoria walked over to the king, and stood beside him, he wore a black button-up top and a black coat. "The children are too young to go home," She said as she placed her hand on his arm. "They need to see what they are, they need to understand that their purebloods, they're not going to have a normal life darling" He replied. " I know, but they will be frightened, they won't understand what they are" Victoria replied. "I know, but they need to learn the ways of a vampire, so when they are old enough, they won't be weak and not understand the ways of a pureblood vampire" He replied. "William, I know, I just want them to have a normal childhood like we did" Victoria replied. 

William moved closer to Victoria and kissed her cheek, he looked into her eyes and stared into her beautiful blue eyes. "I wish they could, but they need to know what they are, this conversation is over," William said. "I love you and our children, but I want what's best for them" He added. He rushed past her with his vampire speed. Victoria was left alone in her thoughts. 

1868

Victoria was tending to her garden, which was located in the backyard. Her daughter, who was helping her. "Ashlynn" She called to her daughter who is 18 years old. "Yes mother" Ashlynn replied. "Let's go out and look for some more flowers to plant here" Victoria replied. "Okay," Ashlynn said as she followed her mother to the gate that was connected to the metal fencing. They began looking for some flowers and placing them in a wooden basket. Ashlynn stopped and looked up. "I smell a human mother," Ashlynn said as she looked at her mother. "Yes, they smell as if they're in distress. 

A bruised female with brown hair rushed towards them, she stopped when she saw Ashlynn and Victoria. "Are you okay?" Asked Victoria. "No, my father, he's been beating me" replied the girl, she looked around the same age as Ashlynn. "Okay, follow us home, we will help you" replied Victoria. She and Ashlynn led the girl to the mansion. "What are we going to do with the human?" asked Ashlynn. "We will help her, maybe turn her even," Victoria said as they came across the mansion. They entered the mansion, the girl sat on a bench, that was by the staircase.