Chapter 10

Blake's pov

The sun begins to set as we stop in front of what appears to be a victorian castle. "What is this place" I ask. "Our childhood home" Ashlynn said, grimly. We begin to walk up the steps that lead to the entrance of the castle, I caught a glimpse of Elijah's arm wrapped around Lilith as they were rushing up the stairs. We entered the castle, a chill rushing down my spine, I had a bad sinking feeling in my gut.

Lilith's pov

As we stepped into the castle, we began to walk down a hallway, making our way to a pair of double doors that were closed. I saw Ashlynn stop in front of the double doors, she looked hesitant to enter the room. Anansi walked over towards her. "Maybe he's changed" Anansi said. "Hopefully" Ashlynn replied. She opened the doors, revealing a room full of people dancing, chatting, and drinking. Elijah removes his hand from around me, I look at him, confused at his action. "Stay close by you two, we don't want you to get injured or taken by others. And Elijah try not to make it obvious that waygu is more than a blood bag" Anansi said. Elijah nodded and walked off. "Come on bluefin and wagyu" Anansi said, walking into the ballroom.

She stops on a balcony that overlooks the ballroom. "Ash, darling?" A male voice said from behind me, making me turn around. "Father" Ashlynn replied. "Lilith come on" Anansi said, grabbing my wrist, pulling me onto the dance floor. "Was that-" I began, but got cut off. "The bastard who left Ash and Elijah" She replied.

We walked around the ballroom, Anansi looking worried than usual. "Look I don't know him like you, but give him a-" I said, being cut off by Anansi. "Would you want to give your father a chance after what he did to your mother and you?' She asked. "No, but -" I said. "No nothing, he abandoned his family after the death of their mother" Anansi said. "Grief maybe?" I said. "They were grieving too, just because your griefing doesn't give you a right to coward out" She said, anger in her tone.

I stopped walking and looked at the balcony where Ashlynn was arguing with her father."Anansi, I understand that he's a terrible father, but you said maybe's he's changed, so give him a chance, I understand he coward out, but give him a chance and see if he changed at all" I said, Anansi glared at me making me regret what I said. She sighed making me relieved. "Fine" She said. She walked over towards the balcony. I explored the ballroom, I could feel eyes staring at me.

I saw Elijah at what appeared to be a bar. I sat next to him, he was sipping on wine. " Did their father truly hurt them this much that Elijah drinks?" I thought. "Elijah" I said, my voice calm. "Yes waygu" He said looking at me. "Elijah" I heard someone say from behind us, shocked. Elijah turned around. I looked at the bartender and asked for a glass of wine as well. "Veronica?"Elijah said making me turn around. I saw a pale woman, with dark brown hair and green eyes. She was wearing a purple ballgown."Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Princess Veronica" She replied. "And you?" She asked. "Lilith" I replied.

I got up off of the barstool and bowed. "Well, you don't smell like a vampire, more like a human. Now how did a human get in here?" She asked, turning to Elijah. "I actually am a blood bag, my real name is Lilith but they call me waygu" I reply. "Oh" Veronica said. "Well, can you excuse me and Elijah, we need to talk privately" She said. "Of course" I replied, I walked towards the other side of the bar and sat down. The bartender handed me my glass of wine and walked away to other customers.

Veronica's dress