Chapter 15

a/n~ I made a playlist for this book, as of right now it has all the songs that I believe will go great with this chapter, I will add more songs to it as this book continues. My youtube is banshee_rose. This chapter is a bit gory, enjoy!

1870

It was the day when the prince of the vampires would find out who he would be marrying. He stood in front of a mirror which stood close by a window, opposite the door. He adjusted his tie and fixed his formal coat. He sighed as he exited his bedroom. He walked downstairs and made his way to the double doors that led to the ballroom. He closed his eyes and inhaled and exhaled as he reopened the doors. He walked on the balcony that overlooked the ballroom. He saw millions of vampires who gathered to celebrate the new soon-to-be queen. He had no idea who she was, he was clueless about how tonight would go.

He stood by his father and looked down at everyone. "As we all know, today is the day I announce the soon-to-be queen, I believe with this soon-to-be-wed couple and soon-to-be king and queen will come better days for Alynthi and power," My father began. He turned around as if to cue the guards to open the double doors. As they did, it revealed a beautiful female, she was pale, had dark brown hair, and beautiful emerald eyes, she wore a sky blue shade, flowing dress, a ribbon type bow in front, the sleeves were mid-length, with a  white see-through shade and a floral pattern. The top of it showed no cleavage but was above the breast area. 

Veronica's dress

My stomach swirled around as we made eye contact

My stomach swirled around as we made eye contact. I didn't understand this feeling, it made me content, excited for what is to come. "I present Veronica Summers, the daughter of the richest vampire family," My father added. 

Present

Lilith's pov

I sat on the grass on my knees. I was scared and nervous, I knew they would be angry with me. I was angry at Elijah, he seemed like he wanted to try again with me, but moved on, fast. I sobbed as I kneeled there, silent. I wiped away the tears and stood up. I tried to figure out where to go, I felt alone. I sighed as I began rushing away, I stopped when I reached the road, it was empty, I saw the police station from across the street, it looked empty. I looked around, I began walking down the road on the right. "How about home, if I can call it that," I thought as I picked up my pace.

 I used my vampire speed and rushed home. I saw my road and walked down it, there were no cars, no people, no nothing, the street lights were on and I saw the two-story house. I dreaded this moment forever, I sighed as I walked up the small driveway. I walked up to the front door, I tried opening it, but it was locked. I walked to the back of the house, I tried opening the back door. It was locked as well, I looked over to the small plant, that was on the ground in a vase, I picked it up and saw a rusty key on the ground. I picked it up and place the plant down, I unlocked the door and walked inside.

I heard a car screech from down the road. I shut the door behind me and locked it. I rushed upstairs and towards the room on the left. I opened the door and walked inside the darkroom. The walls were a blue grayish shade, with posters of singers and bands covering the walls. Black curtains cover the two windows in the room. A bed against the wall and by the window, the bed had a black comforter and two pillows with gray pillowcases. I heard a car pull up, I knew who was here, I didn't know what to do. I sat on the bed and waited for something to come to my mind.