Chapter 5

Blake's pov

"So we're going to the ball" Lilith says, smiling. She turns around and faces me."Yeah"I reply, standing up. I walk up to Lilith and hug her before walking out the door. I walk downstairs and see Elijah, Anansi, and Ashlynn talking."I can't believe you two agreed to go"Anansi says."I guess we did, but we're going because we're invited and to talk to him"Ashlynn says turning her gaze to Elijah."Yes, that is the only reason"Elijah smirks"I mean it"Ashlynn jokes. "So, why are you taking two humans to a ball?"I ask interrupting them."Because you two will serve as blood bags to us three only"Anansi replies.

I roll my eyes at her comment and sit on the last step sighing."Tch"I muttered. "Blood bags"I thought."Why blood bags why not bluefin and waygu?" I ask. Anansi turns her attention to me "Do you want me to call you bluefin instead?"Anansi scoffed. "It would be better then being called blood bag, blood bag has to much depth to it bluefin isn't so deep. It still means food-"I got caught off by Elijah."Hush, you talk to much like that friend of yours"He said, his eyes are in furious slits.

"Lilith?" I question"Yes her"he replied"Lilith isn't annoying as much as you think" I reply."Shes not, she just talks to much"He replies. "I guess it's a personality trait"I hear someone say, I look behind me and see Lilith standing there. "Is it now"Elijah replies."Yes it is"Lilith says with a smile on her face. I stand up and turn around facing Lilith. I notice a bite mark on her neck, it had blood dripping down and some dried up blood.

"Lilith"I say pointing at the wound. "Yes Blake?"She replies still smiling."Your bleeding"I say"It's fine"She says walking past me down the stairs."No it is not, come on let me help you clean up"I say following her. She turns around and sighs."if I let you help clean my wound up then you gotta let me help you clean yours."She replied pointing to my neck."Fine"I sighed,"Wheres the bathroom?"I ask looking at Anansi."Down that hall"She says pointing pass the stair case. I looked at Anansi confused."Come on, follow me you two."She said and began walking pass the stair case and taking a right, she stopped at a door that was on the left."Here's the bathroom"She said. She began walking past Lilith which was in front of me and stopped beside me facing the opposite way I was."I see you and wagyu made up"She whispered and continued walking away from us.

Lilith opened the bathroom door and motioned me to follow her, I did and closed it behind locking it. Lilith grabbed a wash cloth and turned on the faucet and dampened the wash cloth, she walked over to where I was and began to clean up the dried up blood that was on my neck."To be honest Lilith I totally forgot about that wound."I said."I can't believe i got us in this mess."She replied."What do you mean?"I asked confused."I wandered upon this place and intruded."She said."Right"I replied. Lilith stopped and rinsed the wash cloth and handed it to me.

I grabbed it from her hand and began cleaning her wound, blood staining the wash cloth. "I'm truly sorry that we're in this position."She said to me with sadness in her tone."Its fine"I sighed. I backed up and rinsed the blood off of the wash cloth and placed it on the bathroom counter."Come on lets go"She said as she walked towards the bathroom door and opened the door, I followed her out of the bathroom and to where Elijah, Ashlynn, and Anansi are. Lilith continues up the stairs to her room. "So you guys made up, eh"Ashlynn says smiling"Yes, why are you smiling?" I ask."Can I not smile?" She asked with a confused look on her face."Yes you may, but its weird seeing you guys smile"I reply.

Lilith's pov

I continue up the stairs and go to the guest bedroom, I open the door and close it behind me. "Why do I have to be so curious, its all my fault we're here. its going to be my fault when we die."I say as I slide down the door, I place my head in my hands and cry into them."Why is everything seeming to be all my fault lately"I sob. I stand up and walk to the bed and lay on it, my legs dangling off of the side, I close my eyes and everything goes to black.