Chapter 2

a/n~ Just a heads up, I will be starting povs from here on out, anyways enjoy!

Lilith's pov

I watched in horror as Ashlynn sank her sharp teeth into my friend's neck. I slowly turned back to Anansi, finding her still biting my wrist. I pulled my wrist away from Anansi's hold, and quickly stood up, practically knocking the chair over. "What the hell are you?" I asked. Anansi glanced up at me, her eyes that same red color, those veins still poking out of her skin, and her mouth was covered with blood, my blood. I slowly backed up, putting space between us. She stood up and tilted her head at me, an evil smirk spreading on her lips. "We're vampires." She replied, she walked closer to where I was standing and reached for my wrist. I tried to move my arm behind my back, but she was faster and grabbed it.

 I tried pulling it away, but her grasp was tight enough, that I could feel her nails digging into my skin. She brought my wrist to her mouth and sank her teeth into it. I kicked her leg and felt her release my wrist from her bite. She glanced up at me, her eyes filled with rage. I ripped my arms out of her grasp and kicked her in the chest, pushing her to the floor. I rushed over to where Ashlynn was still feeding on Blake. Ashlynn must've heard the commotion because she was instantly on her feet and staring at where Anansi was groaning in pain on the floor. 

I ignored the horrified look on Ashlynn's face as I glanced behind her. My eyes widened in panic as I saw Blake unconscious. I looked back at Ashlynn, anger on her face. "You hurt my sister." She said through gritted teeth. I glanced back at Blake, who was still unconscious, seeing Blake like that made anger boil in the pit of my stomach. I balled my hands into fists at the sight, I looked back at Ashlynn, those dark red eyes were filled with rage. I hauled a fist toward her face, but she grabbed it, almost like she knew my moves.

Her grip tightened around my fist, her nails digging into my skin. "And now you're trying to hurt me." She added, throwing me on the floor. "LET ME AND MY FRIEND GO, YOU BITCH!" I screamed, I climbed to my feet and rushed to where Ashlynn stood and pushed her, it was enough to catch her off guard that she lost her balance and fell over. I didn't look back to see if Anansi or Ashlynn was still lying on the floor, instead, I rushed over to Blake and picked her up. I carried her out the front door, running for my life. 

I stopped on the front porch, noticing it was still raining, I sighed and just ran, praying it would help cover our scent. "Our campsite shouldn't be far from my father's police station." I thought as I ran into the nearby woods, trees surrounded me, making it difficult to find the end. I just kept running, Blake still unconscious in my arms. My feet started to tire, but I pushed through the pain. I heard cars passing by, a wave of relief washing over me. "You'll be okay Blake, we'll be okay." I mumbled as I reached the edge of the woods.

I came to a halt when I saw the small police station. "Hopefully, my father's there." I thought. I looked both ways before crossing, as I reached the other side of the road, I heard someone from behind me. My heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest, I took a deep breath before turning around, hoping it was one of my father's colleagues. I felt like I couldn't breathe when I saw the familiar red leather jacket. "Stay away." I said, my voice filled with fear. Anansi was on the other side of the street, her eyes still that dark red, I glanced behind her to see if Ashlynn had followed her. I felt some kind of relief when I didn't see the other vampire anywhere in sight.

I turned back around, staring at the looming building in front of me, I took in a deep breath and began to climb the steps, but as I reached the top, I felt a hand on my arm and it pulled me backward, causing me to fall, I felt my arms slip from underneath Blake and watched in utter horror as she fell to the ground. I sat up and looked around, my eyes landed on Blake who was still unconscious.