Chapter 14

a/n~The language will get very heavy and more 18+ from this point, I just wanted to put a warning just in case, enjoy!

1870

It was a sad day for the vampire community, the queen had passed, murdered in cold blood. This had worried the king and angered him. "I understand the queen is dead because of those bastard werewolves," the king said, he was standing on a balcony in a ballroom, above million vampire citizens. "But why would they do such a monstrous act? Am I next? This made me think and I came to the conclusion that my eldest, Elijah, will have to become king, marry the next queen," He added. He stared at Elijah, shock in Elijah's eyes. Elijah stormed off, rushing out of the ballroom. He rushed through a side door and went to the main hall of the palace. He rushed upstairs and into his room. He sat on his bed and looked lost in his thoughts. 

He snapped out of it when he heard a knocking on the door. "It's Ash and Anansi, may we enter?" Ashlynn asked, she opened the door and saw Elijah sitting on the edge of the bed. "Why would he do something without my consent?" Elijah asked as his eyes looked at the floor. "My thoughts are that he acted without consideration," Ashlynn replied. Elijah looked up at the two females. "If it's for the kingdom, then so it be, I will marry and become king," Elijah replied.

Present

Elijah's pov

The moon began to rise as the sun sets on the world, I sat on the balcony that overlooked the main hall. I saw the front door open, Lilith entered the mansion, she looks scared and nervous. "Lilith," I said, causing her to look up at me, it reminded me of the first time we laid eyes on each other. "Fuck off dickface," She replied, she raced past me. I heard her door slam, I sighed as it did. "I fucked up real bad," I mumbled. "You did," I heard someone say from downstairs. I looked down and found Anansi. "I know, you don't have to remind me," I replied. I raced to my room and sat on the edge of the bed. I felt lonely, broken almost. I tried to think of Jade, I felt content when I thought of her. 

Anansi's pov

I watched as Elijah sped off, I knew he regretted not telling Lilith, but I'm sure she hates him even more that he turned her into a vampire. I felt bad for her, she had fallen for someone who had broken her heart. I sighed, closing my eyes. I sniffed the air for Blake's scent, something about her made me content and happy, she made me forget about the pain when Ashlynn died. I smelled human blood near, I opened my eyes and saw Blake walking from the hallway into the main hall. "Blake," I said, my face lighting up. "Anansi, have you seen Lilith?" She asked me, I don't know what about that sentence caused it, but the smile on my face faded away, I sighed and looked upstairs, then back at her. "I don't know, I believe she's still out looking for blood, but if she is home, I wouldn't go near her, especially in the state she's in," I replied, lying. 

I felt guilty for lying, but to be honest, I truly didn't know why I didn't tell her the truth. "Oh, okay, thanks," She replied, looking a bit disappointed. "Why do you want to see Lilith, I mean she is a predator after all," I said. "I wanted to talk to her, see how she's doing with being a vampire and the whole Elijah thing since they did break up," She replied. "Well, right now is not a good time, she's dangerous, she's a newborn after all," I said. "I know, I just wish I could rewind the clock and not go camping or allow her to wonder here," She replied, she turned around and began speed walking out of the main hall and into the hallway, taking a right.

I remained where I was and stood there, I felt hurt in a way by her words, I didn't understand this feeling I have when I'm around her, it was like I couldn't stop thinking about her, especially at night, she was always on my mind. I tried to push her off my mind, I felt hungry instead, I didn't want to feed on Blake, so I turned around and faced the front door. I sighed as I pushed past the front door and walked out of the mansion, I closed my eyes as I stood on the porch.