Chapter 18

a/n~  This book from here on out has 18+ content, like smut, violence, smoking, and adult language, so here is a warning, also I might just put an 18+ warning at the beginning of each chapter instead of saying what is in the chapter, so enjoy!

1870

Elijah's pov

The moon shined bright on the garden, and the scent of flowers and the summer breeze was filling the garden. As I passed the pond, I saw Veronica wandering the garden, she wore her white nightgown, the breeze caused it to flutter up, and it flowed through her hair. I walked up behind her, I wrapped my arm around her waist. She jumped as she turned towards me, she smiled when she realized it was me. "You could've said something before creeping up on me," she said, her voice a bit shaky. I kissed her lips, and she kissed back, sliding her tongue into my mouth, intertwining it with mine. It felt as if we were the only ones in the world at that moment, I know then she was the one. She was perfect, her hair, her smile, her eyes, her laughter, and her scent were what I craved, she was my poison.

I began kissing her neck. She backed up, looking me in the eyes, her emerald eyes glowed in the moonlight. "We are not making love in the garden," She said. "Aren't you adventurous, I mean you read a lot of books in your spare time, at least have a sense of adventure," I replied. " I am adventurous, just not when it comes to involving having sex in a garden, and the possibility of being caught," She replied. "That is not being very adventurous of you," I stated, smirking. She kissed me, she paused as our gazes met. She began to untie her nightgown, she allowed it to slide down her body, revealing her nude body.

She kissed my neck, then she unbuttoned my white collared shirt. I removed it and tossed it on the cold ground with her nightgown. She unbuckled my belt and unzipped my pants. She looked me in the eyes as she sat on the floor. I began to drop my pants when I heard walking from behind us. "Elijah?" I heard the desperate voice of my sister, Ashlynn. "Hide," I whispered to Veronica, I reached down for my shirt and put it back on, zipping my pants and buckling my belt, I saw Veronica putting her nightgown back on. I walked through the garden, away from Veronica, in search of my sister. "Ash," I said. I spotted my sister looking for me, Anansi by her side. "Elijah," She replied, turning toward me.

Once she spotted me, she rushed over toward me, Anansi following her. "What is it?" I asked, worried. "It's father, he locked himself in his room after screaming at me, I could smell whiskey on his breath. I think he's drinking again and going back to acting as he did after mother's death," She replied, her voice shaky. "He's being a drunk again? Great at the same time as my wedding," I said. "Why would you care about getting married? It's not like you want to anyways," She replied, confused. " I have to build the kingdom, our mother's death, and the attack of the werewolves destroyed Alynthi," I replied. "Okay, I understand, if you want to get married, then we'll have the wedding, but if father keeps going like this we'll have to figure something out," Ash replied.

I stared at my sister and nodded my head, I wanted to get married to Veronica, I love her. I needed to build Alynthi back up and make it powerful. I turned around and searched for Veronica, I saw her sitting by the pond, her legs dipped in the water. "Hi," I said, causing her to glance up at me. "Hey, is everything alright?" She asked. I nodded, I didn't want her to panic, so I lied to her. "My sister is just panicking over everything since she is the wisest in the family," I lied, and she smiled up at me. I felt guilty for lying to her, I didn't want to break her trust in me, but I had to protect my family.

Present

Elijah's pov

I stared at Jade's still form on my bed, I watched as her chest moved up and down. I stood up and sat beside her still form, but stood up when I smelled a human scent I did not recognize. It was a male, who had Lilith's scent covering his scent. I walked out of my room, I made my way to the main hall. I saw a man with brown hair that was disheveled, Lilith staring at him. I could tell she was planning to use him as a blood bag by the look in her eyes, blood lust filled her eyes. "Lilith, did you bring a human home?" I asked, moving into view, stopping at the top of the staircase. "Elijah, what do you want?" She asked. "I'm sorry why are you referring to me as a human, aren't you two human as well?" the man asked. I made my way to the bottom of the stairs, I glanced at him and smirked. "Why you must be an ignorant human if you haven't already figured it out, everyone in this house is a vampire and when they bring a human home, they use them for blood," I replied.

He looked back at Lilith and then back at me. I could smell the smoke of a cigarette on them. "Are you some sort of actor or are you just fucking with me?" He asked as he gave a worried smile. "Oh I'm not either, I'm telling the truth," I replied. "Okay, you're high, and I'm leaving," He said as he began to turn around and head out, but was stopped by Lilith grabbing him by his arm. "He's not high or fucking with you, his right, and I'm really sorry for lying to you and kidnapping you, but I have to survive as well," Lilith said as she turned to look at him. He looked scared. Lilith grabbed his neck and bit it.

She let go and he fell to the floor, panicking. He placed a hand on his neck. "You're a vampire, and you are keeping me in this weird abandoned not actually abandoned mansion. How many others are there?" He asked. "Just one more, but you are not the only blood bag here so you have a friend at least," I replied. Lilith wiped his blood from her mouth and glared at me. "So you fuck me and bring me here to your home where you'll hold me till I die?" He asked, turning to Lilith. Hearing that she fucked him, angered me for some reason, I was in love with Jade, not Lilith, but I guess I did have some feelings for Lilith that were buried deep.

Lilith sighed as she glared at this new blood bag. "I could say the same about you, a nice talk leading to us having sex and I never even got your name through any of that," She stated. "It's Nick, and I guess I should've said something before the sex part," He replied. "If you run new blood, you die," I said as I turned around and walked upstairs. I looked down at Lilith and Nick before storming off to my room.