Chapter 12

a/n~ I wanna add a warning, there is smut in this chapter, and when it gets to it play the song above, Enjoy!

Anansi's pov

"Of course you couldn't, you couldn't lose your blood bag" I replied, angry. I stood there staring at my brother in disbelief at his action. "Why did Ash think it was a good idea for him to date one of the blood bags" I thought.  "VERONICA" someone screamed, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. My eyes widened once I realized whose scream it was. "ASH" I yelled, rushing over to where I heard the scream.

 When we arrived where the scream came from,  I stopped and saw Ashlynn on the ground. Her body laid there lifeless, I noticed her blue dress had bloodstains in the chest area. I looked over towards Veronica who had a heart in her hand. Tears began to fill my eyes. Ashlynn was the only one I felt close to, she felt like a true sister to me, so when I had lost her, I felt angry, sad, empty even. I gritted my teeth at Veronica. "What the hell" I said, raising my tone a bit. I began to walk towards Veronica, but I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around and saw Blake, she was gripping my wrist. "It's not worth it" She mumbled. "She killed Ash" I replied, tears began to fall as I spoke those words.

I sighed as she let my wrist go. I turned back to Veronica, she dropped the heart. She looked behind me, causing me to turn around. I followed her gaze to Lilith. "Her scent doesn't smell human" Veronica said. I saw Lilith's face look at Veronica, causing me to look at Veronica. "My ignorant brother couldn't lose his precious blood bag" I replied as I glared at Veronica. I saw a figure rush over to Veronica, it was Elijah, he gripped her neck with his hands, veins popping out as he squeezed it. "She is not my blood bag," He said, he threw her and walked in front of me. "Okay, I love her" He said, causing me to roll my eyes. "Whatever" I replied. I turned my back towards him and began to walk back to the palace, I tried my hardest not to cry."C'mon, before I kill Veronica" I added as I walked up the stairs.

Lilith's pov

I walked into the castle, I could feel the eyes upon me and Blake. I walked over to the bar and asked for a glass of whiskey. I leaned my head against my arm. "Lilith please, let me explain" I heard Elijah ask as he sat next to me. I looked at him and glared at him. "I did once and you promised you would tell me anything and you didn't tell me about Veronica" I replied as I gritted my teeth at him. The bartender handed me my glass of whiskey, I took a sip of it and turned back to Elijah."I never expected I would, I love you and I mean it" He replied. "What a pity, I don't, I made my mind up and I don't love you anymore and I regret making love to you" I scoffed at him. 

I got up and walked away from the bar, I tried not to cry. I stopped and finished my drink, I noticed Anansi on the balcony with Elijah's father, I knew she was telling him about Ashlynn, his facial expression expressed the sorrow he felt. I had to admit, I was close with Ashlynn, she made me and Elijah more close, she was like a friend to me. Yes, I barely knew her, but she wasn't a bad vampire. I spotted Blake at the end of the staircase, causing me to walk over to her. "Hey" I said. "Hi" She replied. "So she's telling him about Ashlynn?" I asked. "Yeah, did you fix it with Elijah?" She asked. "We're over" I replied, I craved her blood. The scent lured me, I started backing up. "I don't think I can be by you" I added as I backed up. She looked at me confused. "I get it, you don't want to hurt me" She replied. I backed off and looked around the ballroom, I didn't know where I wanted to go, I didn't know where I belonged.

Elijah's pov

I was over at the bar, drinking a glass of whiskey. I felt guilty for not telling Lilith, I should've told her the truth, she would've understood and not been so stubborn to listen. My thoughts were interrupted by Veronica. "Elijah I didn't mean to-" She started. "Save it" I said interrupting her. I turned to face her, as I did I heard footsteps behind me. I looked behind me, I noticed guards walking towards me. I stood up and saw them take Veronica away, as they did everyone turned to look at them taking away Veronica. As they walked out of the ballroom, someone tapped a spoon on a wine glass. "I am sad to announce this" My father started, causing everyone to glance up at him. "I thought this night would be better since the wedding is back on, but it's canceled" My father said, causing everyone to gasp. "Because of Veronica's crime, she murdered Ashlynn, my daughter"He added.