Chapter 11

Lilith's pov

I walked down from the stairs trying to find Blake, I see her at the bar with Anansi, they were laughing and giggling. I walked towards the bar, passing Vampires who stopped and stared at me. I heard a spoon being tapped gently on a wine glass, making me stop and turn around. When I did I saw Ash and Elijah's father on the balcony with a glass full of wine in his hand. "Most of you know my children Elijah and Ashlynn, who ran away from home. Elijah, the eldest, before he and his sister and their friend, Anansi, ran away, Elijah was engaged to Princess Veronica, it made us sad, because who would rule the kingdom as king when I am gone and then he came back and I am proud to say that the wedding is back on" He said, making everyone clap and cheer."He said he would tell me if he had any more secrets" I thought. 

I looked down at my hands. "Why didn't he tell me?" I thought.  I was trying to hold back the tears, but I couldn't. A tear streamed down my pale cheek, I quickly wiped it away. I looked up to try and find Elijah, I saw him coming my way. I felt an urge to run off, but I stayed still. He approached me, a look of worry on his face. "Li-" He began but got cut off by me. "Why didn't you tell me about this, you said you would tell me everything" I said. "I-" He said, but got cut off. "What's going on?" Veronica asked, walking up to us, standing by his side. "Nothing, I was just leaving" I said, walking away.

Elijah's pov

 "Nothing, I was just leaving" Lilith said, walking away. "What happened?" Veronica asked. "You" I replied. "How am I the problem?' She asked. "She's just a blood bag, right?" She asked. "Right" She said, standing in front of me. "Veronica, I promised I would tell her everything, this thing between me and you was one of the things I didn't want to tell her because I thought it would upset her" I replied. "She's more of a blood bag, and she isn't going to ruin my chance with you" Veronica said, gritting her teeth at me. She ran after Lilith. "Where is she going?" I heard my sister ask from behind me, making me turn around. I saw Anansi and Blake behind Ash. "I have to go" I said running after Veronica.

Lilith's pov

I heard someone chasing after me, I ignored them and ran up the stairs to the balcony and left the ballroom, I stopped in what appeared to be the main hall, I saw a hallway and ran down it and then I saw the back door to the palace and ran out of it, I stopped on a balcony that looked over an empty field, I spotted a path and I ran as fast as I could down the stairs, being careful not to trip and fall. "Stop running waygu" I heard a female voice from behind me, I turned around and saw Veronica there, her eyes red. "Why are you chasing me?" I asked, confused. "Because you and my fiance are messing around with each other" She said, gritting her teeth at me. "How would you know?" I asked. "Because I can tell" She replied. 

She walked down the stairs, her eyes still red. I began to back up, being careful not to trip and fall. She rushed towards me, grabbing my shoulder. I tried to escape, but she had already bit my neck, making me scream. "Veronica" I heard Ashlynn scream. I felt lightheaded, a tear streamed down my cheek. She had let me go, I fell to the ground, everything around me fading to black.

Ashlynn's pov

"I have to go" Elijah said running after Veronica. "Come on" I said and chased after Elijah out the back door. Anansi and Blake followed behind. He stopped causing me to, I saw Veronica biting Lilith's neck.  "Veronica" I screamed. She let go of Lilith causing her to fall to the ground, Elijah ran towards Lilith, holding her lifeless body in his arms. I walked down the stairs and towards Veronica. "Why did you do that?" I asked. Veronica was looking at me now. "I am going to be queen, and she will not ruin it for me" Veronica replied, gritting her teeth at me. "Well you ruined it for yourself by hurting her"I said.