Chapter 24

The best thing about breaking up with your girlfriend1 was "Blood on the Tracks". You were balancing at the tip of the Aconcagua when a fellow countryman approached you and told you he knew everything that had happened to you, that all you needed was "Blood on the Tracks".

He said: The best thing for a broken heart is "Blood on the Tracks". You took a break, sat down and wrote a list2 of records for different times, situations, activities and moods:

"Blood on the Tracks" (1975) Bob Dylan3. For the brokenhearted.

"Appetitte for Destruction" (1987) Gun's and Roses. To have angry sex.

"I Want You" (1976) Marvin GayeTo make love.

"Their Satanic Majesties Request" (1967) The Rolling Stones. To travel.

"Are You Experienced" (1967) The Jimmy Hendrix Experienced. Same as above.

"Disraeli Gears" (1967) Cream. Same as above.

"The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" (1967) Pink Floyd. Same as above. Barrett gave it to you when we were on the island.

"Rubber Soul" (1965) The Beatles. Disc of cabin and fireplace.

"Tracy Chapman" (1989) Tracy Chapman. For the bonfire.

"Born To Run" (1975) Bruce Springsteen. For the route. Sometimes it sounds when you're running.

"Willy and the Poor Boys" (1969) Creedence Clearwater Revival. For the war.

"Heartattack and Vine" (1980) Tom Waits. To pass the bottle.

"The Ramones" (1976) The Ramones. North American Mosh.

"The Clash" (1977) The Clash. Clean' English Mosh.

"The Sex Pistols" (1977) Nevermind the Bollocks. Dirty' English Mosh.

"Led Zeppelin IV" (1972) Led Zeppelin. This album doesn't remind you of anything special, but it was the first album you bought with your own money.

1Indeed, it was your girlfriend who broke up with you, women are always the ones who end a relationship, even if they make men believe that everything happens by mutual agreement.

2This list responds to the personal taste of the person who chose it, if some discs were omitted, we clarify that it wasn't on purpose, thank you and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

3If you see her, say hello.