Chapter 53

He would wait standing in the same place and once it arrived, he would hit it and all that followed after that was nothing more than revelry and joy of others. He was miserable. He filled his pockets with cookies and felt miserable. He had trouble breathing. How shitty it all turned out to be. He discovered that the evil began when you crossed eyes with someone and that someone approached you and answered you something you had never asked him before and once all that happened it was impossible to get away, like trying to hold on to a soapy railing. Autism is happiness. Big motherfucking happiness. I knew an autistic boy who had been abandoned by his parents and lived on the train, he slept in the holes under the platforms, the rats waited for him to fall asleep and chewed his ear and when he arrived at school the right side of his coat was soaked with blood and his ear was full of flies and worms. The others laughed at him because he ate mustard for breakfast. I stopped seeing him and I guess he must have lost his ear, or ears, for fuck's sake,he might even have lost his head, I don't know, but the thing is that flies know when to get close and when to leave you. Nobody gave two bucks for him, not even himself would have bet on him, but, you know what, I realized that sometimes it can rain from the bottom up.