Chapter 56

I want you to know from my mouth, before a stranger tells you, what they will do to you once you leave the womb. They're going to lie to you, they're going to use you, they're going to steal from you and hurt you. They will try to squeeze you and trample you. They will smile as they remove the dagger in your back, they will utter words of encouragement and pat you on the head every time they fire their guns into your heart. Your words won't do any good, so don't waste your breath in vain. They will want to know what you are doing in this place and when you tell them you don't know, they won't believe you. They will try to get inside your head to see your memories, and when they find them, they will take them away from you and raffle them off at an amnesiac fair. Children will point at you, teenagers will insult you and adults will ignore you and when you try to shelter your body in a hole they will tell you that it is reserved for someone more important than you. They will lie to you every time they tell you that you are special and when you want to know why, they won't be there anymore.They will use you when they need you to build a tower and when they don't need you anymore they will make you into a paper ball and leave you at the bottom of the garbage can. The golden giants will rob you just for the pleasure of it and your tears of salt will not move them because they feed on fear and despair. They will harm you, they always will and it will hurt, I know it, I just hope you resist until they squeeze and trample you, because at that moment your body will hurt more than your soul and that pain is preferable, because the pain of the soul is like a tattoo, it cannot be removed.