CHAPTER 14- The Folly of One Man is the Fortune of Another

"Hey, camera team. Where's Director Shin? The producers keep asking for her!," Director Gong scooted over to Hyojin's table and whispered at them. All the crew were already present, in the middle of eating with their own departments.

Jehoon sighed and tried to dial her to no avail, "She's not picking up."

Gong Seungwon squeezed his eyes in frustration and left the table.

Yumi rolled her eyes, "Why do they specifically need to meet our director? This isn't the first time this has happened with other producers. It's not even as if they're going to get her better offers so why bother? They're just making her sit with them to do the grilling. Jeez, how indecent."

Hyojin put a slice of meat on her "boyfriend"'s plate, "It's for the same reason. They'll say it's because cinematographers are one of the highest respected jobs in this industry, but really, it's because finding a woman in this field is just rare, so they're satisfying their own enjoyment by doing this, and-" she glanced at Yeonsoo before finishing off her sentence, "and it's not like they can target actresses if they want to either, they're protected by agencies."

Nakyung carried the final camera into the trunk of the van. The lighting, grip, makeup, art, sound department, and every crew for that film project had gone, but the sky barely inches a bit in shade. She checked her watch and sighed, "I stall a lot and yet I'm still early and efficient. What do I do with this? I can't leave my members hanging there either, Director Gong will keep coming for them,"

She pulled the door down but it stuck hard, "I really need to get a new van from

Riversky-," a pair of hands emerged from the dark and tugged at the ends of the door, pulling them down.

Nakyung stepped back confused. It was dark, and all she saw was shadows. Shadows of a tall man in a dark shaded blazer and dark hair. She looked like a shadow to that man too.

"Aren't you going to help?," he asked.

Nakyung quickly tugged the other end, and the trunk door finally budged. She closed them down, "Thank you."

He probably smiled, "Don't mention it. Do you work here?"

"Yes."

"Why are you still here, though? There's nobody else in the center filming for anything anymore. Most of the staff have gone home."

She doesn't even know who she's talking to, both of them didn't, because their faces were unidentifiable, "I should ask the same."

"Oh I'm here to inspect the sets, it's easier when there's nobody around anymore."

"Okay, and I'm here because I'm stalling since some inconsiderate person is announcing all the staff have a team dinner together when it's past work hours on the day of the event itself. And I'm not enjoying it because it's uncomfortable to continuously smile at those higherups who will ask me to sit next to them and pour their drinks," she snapped all of a sudden in annoyance, until she realized he was still listening.

"Sorry, it has nothing to do with you. I'll get going now," she bowed to his direction and got in the van, back to her stoicness as she took off.

The man scratched his head, "Why does that inconsiderate person sound like me?"

His phone rang and he picked up, "Yes, Secretary."

It shrieked at him, "CEO Park Cheol! Where are you? So are you coming or not? You said you wanted the producers to get familiarized with the crew. Then does that include you? Hurry! They'll keep waiting for you!"