CHAPTER 18- Summer Falls

Hyojin scuffed past a couple of staff and helpers and went over a line that blocked the road. A van approached behind her and she turned back, then nodded as it parked by the sides and she walked to it, lifting up the trunk.

She took out the crew's Panavision film camera and carried them with both her arms as more of her co-workers followed up, taking out what's needed.

"Is that her? She does look familiar. Right, I remember. This was the vibe." Kitae pointed his fingers down and talked so seriously while Thurzday without Chunyoung and managers sat huddled in their van. They were pondering whether to step out or not, until she showed up.

"What are you talking about? Vibe?? You make no sense," Min shook his head.

"This situation makes no sense in the first place. You alone make no sense. That makes what I say the most sensible thing now."

"What?"

"She even still has her camera with her," Daehyun remarked from the backseat, and Min turned his attention to it.

"Oh? She still wears it? This is my first time seeing it now."

Right then, the passenger manager entered the van again, on the driver's seat, "Are you guys not going to say hi?"

"No, we will!," Jaeryeong and Daehyun said in unison, removing their seatbelts.

Everyone eyed the confused Kitae as he continued to eye his members and the manager back and forth, "...I'm lazy, so I'll pass."

"I'll come to the studio later, you guys can go first," Min put on his mask and slid the van doors open.

Daehyun followed him out, "Me too... I'm curious, that's why," he excused himself as he closed the van doors and they both waved at the van reversing.

Min chuckled when it went out of sight, "I feel bad for Kitae, he looked so confused."

Daehyun laughed along, "Who cares. Go Min, I'm going somewhere else," he tapped his back.

"What? Where?," It was Min's turn to look confused, "Hey it's awkward if I'm alone."

Daehyun smiled, holding his shoulder, "I know you're not going to stay in the spotlight anyways. I know where you're going. But you don't know where I'm going and I'm not telling you," he noticed Hyojin from behind Min, just returning to the lonely empty outskirts of the filming spot. Daehyun stepped back, and left his member.

Jooah scrunched her eyebrows almost immediately and sighed, "Right when I thought I was going to be left alone from now," she continued to feign ignorance like she always did as she stepped to her crew van, unlocking it to carry out the last camera stand equipment.

She put down the trunk with her other hand and faced her side to see Jaeryeong standing straight quietly looking at her. He didn't even say anything, but it didn't surprise her. She ignored him, so he walked along her to do the enthusiastic talking instead, disappointed she had no reaction even if he already knew from the start how she was with people, "Were you expecting me?"

"No," she answered unamused.

"Then why aren't you surprised? I was nowhere to be seen for a few days."

"I hope that continues."

"Hey! I came straight here once I got better."

"Oh so that's why. He was sick... Was it because he had to take my bookmark from the river? ...Stupid, why should I feel bad? It's not like I asked him to anyway. He can take that much."