CHAPTER 20- Ignorance of a Stranger

Lim Yeonsoo stanced her gun to the back of a man's head, resolute and offensive. Her eyes glared deeply, fumed in hatred, there was no space left for remorse and emotions. The set resonated with dead silence and intensity, observing.

"Then shoot me! Just like how your friend died in my-," a bang-indicator interrupted him as the actor dramatized his movements and twisted his head, a fake blood balloon popping on the side of his face so they reddened his temples. He shoved his body as he fell to the side. Yeonsoo quickly grabbed the man's collar in front of her and shifted her stanced aim to the right, where the real "murder" lies, where Yoo Chunyoung, or Jo Taeoh, emerged, with his gun lowered down.

Yeonsoo let out a sigh of relief, calming her trembling expression, setting down the corpse as she avoided his eye, "I was going to shoot. Why did you come?"

"I figured it was him, so I came, I thought you'd have a hard time carrying out the mission."

Yeonsoo closed the eyelids of the actor who froze with his eyes wide open. She spoke moderately, reserved, "Are you doubting me? This person here is just another traitor I must get rid of. If I let my emotions get to me, I'm not deserving of the position I have now."

"I know, that's why you're our leader. And that's why I shot him instead. I let my emotions get to me when he mentioned our comrade. That was my mistake."

She stood up to face his eyes, "Then you'll have to face the consequence for that."

"...Yeoreum, no matter how many people you've killed, you're still human by the end of the day. I just don't want you to live with another burden of having your brother die in your hands."

"Jo Taeoh!," she raised her voice as her eyebrows tugged to a frown.

"Cut! Okay! That was nice! Lim Yeonsoo, you dominated this scene!," Director Gong said into the megaphone proudly as everyone broke out from their professionalism. The crew clapped. A huge smirk formed on Yeonsoo's face, much like herself. She mouthed excitedly to Chunyoung, "Did you see that?"

He nodded and smiled, the corners of his mouth almost touching his dimples.

"Thank you," she mouthed to him again before her stylists rushed to fix her hair.

Hyojin stretched as the sun began creeping down west. Everyone was given the opportunity to go home early that day due to the successful wrap up of half the movie's shot. She was walking from the Riversky Pictures building to the nearest bus stop, already sleepy.

"Hyojinnn!," her name stretched as she witnessed a tall figure running towards her, from the direction she was heading to. Their dark silhouettes popped in front of the pink swirls of the sky.

She looked out at him peculiarly,... somewhat differently, than she used to. He hopped backwards as he braked himself and caught his breath, taking off his mask, a smile as usual. She found herself looking forward to what he was going to say, so she rolled her eyes at herself.

"What an unfriendly reaction to my holy presence!," Jaeryeong whined like a hurt puppy.

"Why are you here now? Don't you know this is exactly the kind of place where reporters would reside? You love bringing yourself trouble, gosh I swear," Jooah crossed her arms.

He looked around him, at the soulless street warmed in cotton candy light, "There isn't?"

She glanced away, "Nevermind that, what is it? What's so important that you have to run all the way here again?," she tried changing the subject with her typical robotic tone.

He turned expressive, in excitement, "Oh my god, you know what? I went to the set to look for you because Chunyoung said you guys are ending later today. But turns out you guys ended early, so I went to Ikseon-dong, because the stupid me don't even know what the camera crew even does after shooting."