CHAPTER 25- One Who Never Knows

Seo Kitae, aged 27, is one of the most talented idol-producers of the generation; attractive, cool, and charming. Yet there he was, in the dorm apartment kitchen, with a soup ladle, being grumpy as he scooped up hangover beansprout broth for his youngest member instead.

He began nagging, "Crazy kid. Where were you last night? You were boasting about going to treat your elders but ran off on your own. Not even the car-," Kitae's voice cracked to frustration as he put his head on his palms. He sighed hopelessly, "How did you get back?"

Min meanwhile was only partly listening to his leader, partly paying attention to a soccer match airing on TV while slurping his soup, and mostly thinking of Jooah, "It's a nice name, Kang Min," He burst out into a grin.

Confused, Kitae looked between him and the television, "Did I say something funny, or is it just you who finds this ordinary game funny?"

Min looked back at him, "Geez since when were you funny? Of course, I laughed because I was remembering something. Last night, I had a little too much, so I took the subway home-"

"Subway?!," Kitae reacted immediately in disbelief, "Hey. Subway?! Are you forgetting that there are cameras following you everywhere? At least take a taxi or-"

"You're right. I only realized that after I woke up," he said with no further thought.

"...I have no words."

"Me too. It's hard to believe I forgot that when I was raised to always remember that," Min put his finger on his forehead, "The alcohol, dude, it's always the problem. I guess subconsciously, I was also curious about people's ordinary lives. I wanted to experience it too. And as for whether I was followed," he smirked playfully, "Sorry, I don't remember. We'll have to make something up if that's the case."

Kitae sighed, "Fine. But what are we hiding? Aside from your drunk habits of course."

"Hmmm..." he calmly stood up with a poker expression, "That I went to see Baek Jooah. We made up, I think. I remember everything, but I'm not so sure what's going on actually."

"Oh. That's good then. We gained something at least."

"Ah, she also knows my entire secret now."

"WHAT?!"

"Excuse me what?" Hyerim stuttered louder than intended, enforcing her belief that she had just misunderstood her friend sitting across from her in Rose Cafe.

Jooah's dad looked up temporarily, curious about the girls' gossip, before going back to work.

"Keep it down, my Dad might hear," Jooah said in a low tone as she gulped down her cup of Iced Tea nervously.

Hyerim pointed, "See see, the fact that you're acting stealthily is already very suspicious. I asked if you needed assistance in getting rid of Park Jaeryeong but instead, you tell me you're now cool with him? April Fools was already 6 months ago."

"Hey, why not? I'm not petty to that level. He apologized countless times already, and I have no further reason to hold a grudge against him. I'm really fine with him," Jooah said nonchalantly.

Hyerim sneered at her best friend as she sipped through the straw of her Iced Americano, "Hey. Be honest. He seduced you didn't he-"

Jooah choked immediately, coughing hard as she tapped her chest over, "Hey! How preposterous! Why would you- Gosh. I can't- I can't believe- Gosh. I- Goshhh," she scowled in disbelief.

"Something definitely happened. Either that man pulled a dirty trick, or you've changed," Hyerim leaned against her chair.

Jooah glared unsatisfied. Something big did happen, but it wasn't something she could tell her friend. Nor can she let alone tell her Dad about being okay with the guy who used to ruin her life... or he'd flip the counter table. It makes her feel as if she's done something wrong when she hasn't.