CHAPTER 17- Yellow Roses

"Hey hey you're going to bump into tha-,"

A loud thud came as Yeonsoo clashed her shoulder with a tree. She snickered tipsily, then took out her pink sunglasses and put them on.

She was drunk walking in the park, with Chunyoung walking behind her, hands in his pockets, as she walked forward slowly with wobbly footsteps.

"What a sight to see The Lim Yeonsoo like this."

Yeonsoo heard him and ran back to him, "Oh my. That must mean you thought I was perfect," she smiled, "You're not wrong about that, I am perfect. I'm even perfect now."

He shook his head disapprovingly, "You really are confident about yourself. Or it's the alcohol. Why did you even drink that much?"

She ignored him, "Oh! You're pink!"

He took both his hands out his pocket and removed her sunglasses for her, "I don't know what you're protecting your eyes from, there's no sun."

"I liked you more when you were pink... My eyes are now blinded because you're too bright."

Chunyoung broke out into a suppressed laugh, "What? Me? From you?"

Drunk Yeonsoo pouted and took a seat on a nearby bench, "It's not fair. It's not fair that you're already bright from the start. It makes my light look dim next to you."

Chunyoung took a seat next to her. He understood already what her drunken truth implied to, "...Because your light had been shining bright from the start."

She clapped her hands together, "Right! Then it's time I change my batteries."

He stole glances at her who still kept grinning, "It's rare seeing someone as optimistic as you... You're so hopeful about many things."

"It's because I know how good I can be. I know my potential. I don't fall short. I'm an actress. I acted for 10 years. That tells the level of experience I have. You don't stand close. I'm Lim Yeonsoo."

"I know, you're Lim Yeonsoo," he wondered if he was the one turning drunk without having a single drink, "It's funny. It's easier for us to have a proper conversation when someone isn't sober."

"You're so annoying," she said out of the blue.

"Excuse me what?," he felt offended by the blunt remark.

"I hate having to admit that you're better than me. I'm already doing my best, but I don't know what's wrong. It's really embarrassing to lose to an acting junior, but we have to remain professional."

Chunyoung preferred not to answer, not only because she could remember the next morning and they end up getting into a fight, but because he really didn't know what to say.

"No, I know my problem. I heard it too many times already."

"What?," he asked seriously.

"I'm too pretty."

"What?," he asked in disbelief.

"I'm too pretty that when I act anywhere, I just can't do much. I'll always only be Lim Yeonsoo. Even if I understand my role well, it's not enough. I can never fully shape myself to be Chae Yeoreum or anyone else. I'm just... Lim Yeonsoo."

Chunyoung kept quiet, "She does know."

Yeonsoo began giggling to herself again, "You know how the director always mentions his past work with me, "Love for a Tuxedo". That was my best. And more like, my only good one," she continued rambling, "I was really worried because it was one of my first leading roles while I was still a rookie, but I pulled it off. You know, I spent a lot of hours rereading the script and taking notes, going for action classes and visiting occupation places to dive into my character. I do that with all my dramas. But that one was my favorite. I was so good that the image of me back then still haunts me."