✁ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭: 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙢𝙖s

2014
📍BANK BUNKER
╰─────────╯

"GET UP." Rumlow demands, throwing a spandex suit at her and combat boots along with a brush and hair-tie onto her sleeping figure. "You need to be in the main room in half an hour."

Galina's eyes opened as she stayed frigidly unmoving, gaze staring at the ceiling above.

"Did you hear me?" the man said in irritation.

She slowly sat up on the bed, shoving the items from off of her and took a breath before turning her head to look at Rumlow outside of her cell.

"Do you seriously think you're gonna win this?" she asked casually — though her voice was strong, every fiber in her being felt like it was tearing. Her brows scrunched together when there was a beat of silence, lightly bowing her head. "Mm?"

"Why would we not?" he scoffs, shaking his head incredulously. "Can't you see that you lost? We got you back and nobody knows where you are — there's no turning to the Avengers now."

"You might have gotten me back, but who says i'm gonna cooperate? You must be naive to think that I would."

He smiled wickedly at her, clicking his tongue. "The thought of a bullet lodging straight into the soldier's skull is what's gonna make you cooperate."

But Galina didn't falter at this, instead she laughed shortly. "The soldier is your greatest asset."

"Not if we have you — if we have you, he's disposable and if disposing him means that you'll cooperate going forward, then that bullet will be fired." he paused with a growing smirk. "Or, better yet, a bullet being fired at every single Avenger. The world without its greatest protectors...HYDRA with its most powerful creation. Now, tell me how that would work out in your favor?"

Her stoic expression broke for a moment as she shifted on the bed, jaw clenched — she chose to remain silent.

Rumlow huffs out a boisterous laugh, shaking his head as he walked away. "You've gone soft, kiddo."

The minute that he disappeared into the shadowy abyss of the hallway, she let herself slump against the bed again — her anxiety building.

...

With her hair pulled back into a tight pony on the top of her head, the itchy uncomfortably tight suit on her skin, and the feeling of HYDRA's infamous eyeliner around her eyes, she felt nauseous.

She swore she threw up in her mouth a couple of times, but that's not even the worst part.

The worst part is that she can feel the old her coming back with every movement and punch that she throws against the punching bag in the training room.

She thought that at least hitting something would help clear her head, instead, it pushed her further to the brink of insanity.

Maybe she was under HYDRA's control more than she realized.

She's just waiting for a plot twist in which one of her old Red Room trainers comes marching in — it seems as if anything is possible nowadays.

"Anomaly."

Galina's jaw tightened at the calling of her alias, grabbing onto the bag to steady it. "Not my name." she mutters, glaring at the agent from the corner of her eye.