! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs?

📍TONY'S LAKEHOUSE
*longchapter*
*errors may be present*
╰─────────╯

"EVERYBODY WANTS a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in."

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end." Tony suddenly gets up walking towards his camera. "What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to." leans down and smiles. He is looking straight at Morgan. "I love you 3,000."

...

After that night at the lakehouse, Galina had went missing.

She ditched everyone for a week— left all calls to voicemail and all texts on delivered.

Except for Pepper, whom she stayed in contact with especially pertaining to Ezra whom was staying with Happy for the time being.

Galina walked out behind Pepper and Morgan who were carrying a "Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart" arc reactor bouquet, passing by the other Avengers who were lined up to the side.

As they passed them, the Avengers followed behind and spread out onto the small dock as Pepper laid the bouquet down into the water, letting it drift away.

Galina bit her lip that was trembling as sobs threatened to escape.

Without a word, she quickly walked off of the deck and excused herself passed the Avengers.

Bucky saw her dart into the house and began going after her before Sam and Wanda pulled him back.

Sam gently shook her head at him and whispers. "Don't make this worse."

Bucky hesitantly backed down as he spotted Petra and Shuri going into the house seconds later.

It was so quiet that you could hear the crying from inside of the cabin.

...

Galina stayed in the cabin with Petra and Shuri for the rest of the service as the guests began to leave.

"Here." Shuri handed her a water bottle and sat back down beside her on the couch before gently rubbing her back.

"I feel so stupid and selfish." she shook her head and took a sip.

"Don't feel that way. Tony was like your father. You have the right to be upset." Petra comforted. "It's okay not to be okay."

A slow smile crept onto her lips. "Did you just quote Demi Lovato?"