✰ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦

2015

📍NEW AVENGERS FACILITYUpstate, New York╰─────────╯

Upstate, New York
╰─────────╯

IT WAS BARELY a week later when the compound was ready to be moved into.

It was an easy move since Tony had ordered for Galina's things to be packed up and transported — the only thing that she needed to do was unpack.

Instead of various apartment-like floors, it was almost like a dormitory.

On one level was the kitchen, dining, living area and on the level above that, was a hallway filled with rooms for every Avenger.

The lack of apartment space was made up by the expansive bedrooms that had equally as large bathroom suites — so I guess it wasn't all so bad.

The security on the compound was also pretty cool.

Since it was more free-reign than the tower, there were fingerprint scanners in the elevator.

If your fingerprint didn't match to floor of choice, and you're not cleared access, you weren't going to the level.

The compound was also grounds for SHIELD agents, many trainings have already taken place.

Her energized hands waved around in circular motions as she controlled the articles of clothing to be placed in the walk-in closet.

It was almost therapeutic mundanely unpacking — with Lana playing softly in the background and her distracted mind focusing on moving objects, she felt...calm, which is evidently rare.

A soft knock caused for her head to look over in the direction of the door — hands still raised as items float.

"I see you're...adjusting, pretty well." Tony comments with a gesture of his hand from where he stood in the doorway.

Galina shrugs a bit, slowly letting her arms fall to her sides as she carefully dropped the objects on top of the queen-sized bed. "Yeah." she breathed out.

He didn't say anything, looking at her meaningfully for several beats. "I'm leaving." he informs, stepping deeper into the room as he inspected the room in nonchalance.

Galina's brows scrunched together as she sat down at the edge of her bed. "In what way?"

"In a...see you later, but not for a while, way." he replied as he grimaced a bit at his clumsy sentiment. He sits down beside her. "I promised Pep that i'd take a step back from all of this, and..look at what happened." he shrugs self-depricatedly with a sad grin. "I need to...tap out."