❅ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥

2016
📍SIBERIA
╰─────────╯

THE QUINJET was silent for the past hour — Steve directing the jet, and Bucky sitting a little behind him.

Galina was sat in the pit of the jet with a bag of expired frozen peas to her forehead that she had found in the fridge.

She couldn't help but let her gaze shift to the brunette super-soldier in front of her, having the perfect view of his brooding side profile.

She got startled a bit when he suddenly started speaking.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" he questioned lowly.

Steve stares ahead, heavyhearted. He sighs and shakes his head. "Whatever it is...I'll deal with it."

"I don't know if i'm worth all this, Steve." he says in a weary and tired tone.

Steve's jaw clenched a bit as he turned his head to the side to address him, eyes still focus upon the skies. "What you did all those years...it wasn't you — didn't have a choice."

"I know." he croaked. "But I did it."

Galina bit her lip at his words, a knot forming in her stomach.

She was hurt by the sole fact that he was hurt.

And when she found hollow blue eyes turning to stare right back at her, that pit only deepened.

She scooted over a bit in her seat and tapped the empty space beside her with her free hand, giving a small kind smile.

Bucky swallowed thickly as the corner of his lip quirked up for a moment before getting up from his seat.

Steve looked away from the clouds when he heard the sudden movement, watching as his friend sat close beside his other friend — he turned back away with a small grin on his face.

"What's...that?" he questioned as his finger gestured towards the frozen bag on her face.

"Some little girl kept knocking me into shit." she rolled her eyes in annoyance, wincing slightly at the movement. "Don't want to swell up."

Bucky smirked boyishly. "That little girl kicked your ass, didn't she?" Galina loudly scoffed at this as he faintly chuckled. "Here, let me see."

Galina let him remove the frozen contents from her face — his metal hand engulfing over the top of hers upon the bag as he pulled it away.

She found herself shivering ever so slightly at his flesh fingers lightly digging into her jaw to tilt her head every which way to inspect the impending bruise.

Bucky blew a raspberry from out of his plump lips, tutting a bit. "Oof, she got you good."

"Is it bad?"

His bottom lip caged itself between his top teeth as he gazed at her, shrugging in nonchalance. "You're still pretty, so no, not bad."

Her jaw fell a bit at his smooth compliment as her cheeks blossomed feverishly. "You can't say stuff like that." she said in a near whisper, looking at him with those round doe eyes.