! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴄᴏ-ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛɪɴɢ 𝟷𝟶𝟷

2024
📍MAINE
MISTAKES ARE PRESENT. IM SORRY
╰─────────╯

"And then supposedly, Morgan decided to throw a crayon straight at this one kid's eye — I personally think that's bullshit, what do you think?"

Galina shrugged a bit to herself as her eyes flitted over to Tony's face on her phone which was being held up by a rear view holder.

"I mean, she is a Stark.." she trailed off with a growing grin.

Tony groans in annoyance. "I have never, ever, tried to take out another kid's eye." he rebutted. "If anything, she's more like you — you quite literally taken out a kid's eyes before."

"I've done worse than that."

He blankly blinked a couple of times into the screen, opening and closing his mouth dramatically before speaking. "Okayyy..." he trails. "Anyways, what trouble is your kindergartener in now?"

"This time, he decided to throw a chair across the room but knowing what we know, he more than likely was trying to hide the chair with his super speed but instead hit a child with it from going too fast."

"Do they know that he's enhanced?" he questioned thoughtfully.

She shook her head. "No, Piet and I don't want them to treat him any differently." she continued. "Besides, the medicine that Bruce made to help him control the mutation is working."

"Lina..." he spoke softly. "It's not working,"

"Yes it is." she tightly snapped. "He's just growing and the medicine is growing with him. Give it more time."

"We've given it two years, he's losing control the older he gets."

"I'm pulling up to the school now." she changed the topic as she steered her car into a parking spot.

"Lina—"

She reached up to her phone and gave him a tight smile. "Bye, love you."

Tony was about to protest, but Galina hit the red X before he could even sputter out a word.

As soon as the FaceTime call ended, she deflated against her seat and rested her hands arm length across the steering wheel.

She blew out a puffing breath as she tried to mentally prepare herself for what's about to transpire.

And no, not just the very stern conversation about her kid with some random who doesn't know a thing about him, but to see Pietro.

They ended up moving up North around a year ago, they bought their own house and everything and chose to build a family around little Ezra.

Galina didn't want for Ezra to grow up in an unstable environment around fighting at the compound — similar to how she was raised.

She didn't care if the Avengers Compound wasn't that Red Room facility in Russia, she refused for his innocence to be ripped away from him the same way hers was.

As the structure began to build, and they fell into a routine, the inevitable began to grow.

Feelings.