! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋs

2024
📍NEW YORK
MISTAKES ARE PRESENT. IM SORRY
╰─────────╯

"Okay, so the "how" works." Steve introduced from the front of the conference room, standing beside a large scale of holographic images. "Now we gotta figure out the when and the where — almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony quickly corrected.

"Or, you were forced to destroy one in the middle of your best-friend's husband's skull." Galina added from beside her father-figure.

The billionaire nodded. "Very true."

Bruce sighs heavily at their antics and gets right back onto topic. "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." the Captain adds. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint said absentmindedly.

"Correct."

"Let's start with the Aether." he nods towards the red stone lit up on the screen. "Thor, what do you know?"

The almighty God of Thunder is out cold in one of the chairs with his hand on his protruding belly and sunglasses on.

The redhead's head tilts to the side as she tried to figure out the man in question.  "Is he asleep?"

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Pietro retorted.

"Poor guy." Galina reached over and raised her hand up, slapping him in the middle of the forehead.

Thor jolted up and placed a hand on the sore spot on his head. "Ow?"

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."

"Oh! Right. The Aether!" he immediately wobbles up to his feet and over to the front of the room.
"Where to start? Umm...The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a...an angry sludge thing, so...someone's gonna need to amend that." he paused with a hum. "Here's an interesting story though, many years ago...My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." he wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost.

"Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane.." an image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen, causing for him to stare at the picture. "...oh, there she is. That's Jane...she's...an old flame of mine... She...she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time...and then the Aether stuck itself inside her...

"And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her.

"We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother...who's dead," Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears. "..and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever" Tony then began to guide the god back to his chair. "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."