✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭

2018
📍WAKANDA
╰─────────╯

HER LUNGS SCREAMED with each breath that she inhaled as all of the Avengers stared ahead of them at the large purple figure standing ahead.

Her eyes locked onto the shining gauntlet around his huge fist — he stared menacingly at them.

She tugged on Bucky's hand, trying to pull him away from the fight as their peers began to run towards the alien with all their might.

"Stop, don't go."

Bucky turned around to face her fully, holding his flesh hand against her cheek while the vibranium held the gun at his side.

"You stay here." he demanded sternly. "You can't afford to get hurt."

"You can't afford to get hurt, Bucky!" she desperately shouted, looking over his shoulder at Natasha being trapped between some roots and T'Challa being choked into the ground. "Don't go."

"Go help Wanda, it's gonna be okay." he shakily reassured before planting a strong chaste kiss to her lips as his hand swiped softly along her abdomen. "I love yo—"

Galina shot up in the bed gasping for air, her fingers twisting the comforter for some sort of stabilizer.

At her distress, Bucky had also awoken and quickly sat up as well — his head tilting to the side to try and catch her eye and his expression one of pure concern.

"Hey, hey, hey," he cooed, his hand running up and down her arm. "You're okay, you're fine."

"Something isn't right." she said through her panicked breaths, looking at him with frantic eyes. "Something doesn't feel right."

"Shh shh, it's okay," he reassuringly coos, curling his arm underneath her chin and gently pushing on the side of her head to cradle her into his chest.

"It's just a nightmare, you're safe — i've got you." he swore as he placed a lingering kiss to the crown of her head. "I promise."

But she wasn't so sure.

...

Galina sat curled up in her chair in front of the table as sounds of crackling and sizzling came from the small kitchen beside her — Bucky cooking or attempting breakfast.

He kept sneaking careful glances at her over his shoulder to make sure she was still in a calm demeanor.

And she was — knee pulled up to her chest as her eyes are focused on the phone screen in front of her.

But inside, she was anything but calm.

Between the nightmare of last night and the tweets that she shouldn't be reading, it wasn't a good mix.