! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ: ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏsᴛ

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND
*long chapter*
*errors may be present*
╰─────────╯

GALINA ROLLED onto her back from her position on her stomach, accepting the fact that she probably just acquired a couple of broken ribs as she sat up.

"Hey hey hey." Wanda cooed and crouches down and brushed a piece of hair from out of her face. "Take it easy."

"Where's—" she's cut off by her own pained grunt as Wanda helped her onto her feet. "Where's Tony?"

The Sokovian's eyes were big and sorrowful. Her silence gave Lina the answer that she needed.

The body bag being marched away in the distance confirmed that even further.

"H—How long was I out for?" she gulped as tears stung her eyes.

"I'm not sure I just found you here but probably a solid thirty minutes."

"Fuck." she murmured and winced with each step.

As they continued to walk, Wanda suddenly smiled widely and lightly nudged Galina.

"Hey Lina.."

"What?" she looked up at Wanda and then forward at where she was gazing.

Her legs nearly turned to jelly.

Bucky.

And Sam too but she was focused on Bucky.

Galina let go of Wanda and shrugged her arms off, ignoring the pain running through her body as she broke out into a jog towards the soldier.

Her mind was blank but her body moved on its own accord.

Bucky also broke out into a jog until they both began to sprint towards one another, him ditching his gun somewhere.

Once they met in the middle, Galina jumped onto him — legs around his waist and arms encircled around his neck.

Bucky kept a hand on the back of her upper thigh as the other one rested on her lower back.

"Is it you? Is it really you?" Galina chuckles as tears freely roamed down her cheeks — her hands finding their way on the sides of his face.

"It's me, doll." he chuckles back as he placed a kiss on the side of her mouth. "It's me."

Without a second thought, she placed her lips ontop of his, and he kissed right back with just as much force.

Her heart felt like it was gonna explode and butterflies that she hasn't felt for so long, erupted and lit her body on fire.

For a moment, everything felt alright.

They lightly giggled against each other's lips as they pulled back — him beginning to set her back down on her feet.

As he placed a hand on the back of her head, he felt a sticky substance. "We need to get you to a medic. You're bleeding." he frowned.

"No i'm not."

"Doll," his eyes widen as he turned her around. "..the back of your head is all bloody."