✰ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

2015
📍IOWA
Waverly
╰─────────╯

LEAVING BUCKY was hard, harder than she expected.

As he helped her pack back up, she could feel his puppy dog eyes on her that entire time.

He even walked her to the quinjet which was a couple of miles away.

"Don't do anything dumb until I get back." she had told him pointedly.

Bucky felt his lips quirking up at this as he remembered what he and Steve used to say. "How can I? You're takin' all the dumb with you."

Galina's mouth rose into a smile of her own before she tackled him in a hug, arms wrapped around his torso and head slammed against his stomach.

Bucky tensed as his cheeks grew warm and eyes grew big, before he encircled his arms around the smaller girl — cradling the back of her head.

Both of them felt extra cold when they had to break apart.

By the time she landed at the all too familiar location in Iowa, it was nighttime.

Due to being close with Natasha and Clint, she's well aware of this secret little family house.

She jogged across the grassy terrain in quickness before grabbing the doorknob, jiggling it to see if it was unlocked.

It was.

Galina pushed the door open, shutting it behind herself.

Her sneakers tapped against the wooden floorboard as she walked to where there was most chatter.

The chatter died the minute she halted in the middle of the living room which could be seen from the dining room and kitchen.

Steve, Natasha, and Bruce were in the dining area while Tony and Clint were throwing darts nearby — the kids were running around and Ms. Barton was receiving help from Aspen in the kitchen to make dinner.

And Fury was just there??

"Hi." she sheepishly greeted, giving a little wave.

"Where the hell have you been?" Steve immediately questioned with annoyance in his tone, rising from his seat.

She ignored his question and instead looked at everyone else for answers. "What the hell is going on? I leave you guys alone for a minute and you cause a mess."

"You left us alone for a month." the blonde soldier corrected. "Where have you been?"

"Nice to have you back, Deetz." Tony greeted, walking away from his game of darts to give her a quick side hug. "I basically created a murder AI that wants to destroy us and the world so...there's that." he nonchalantly shrugged before walking back to the dart.

Galina's eyes grew wide, jaw falling. "Don't tell me this is the same artificial intelligence from a year ago that I told you not to mess with."

"Hold on, you knew?" Bruce questioned in bewilderment. "You knew about Ultron before me?"

"I tried to tell him to tell you about his whole plan!" she defended herself. "I'm not just gonna snitch on him!"