29. I LOVE YOU

I tucked a strand of her wet hair behind her. Even in the dark, her eyes shinned, like there was something burning bright behind them. I couldn't stop myself from watching, looking deep into her eyes to see the source of the glowing light.

"Kiss me under the light of the thousand stars, James." Daisy said, her voice tender and lewd as ever. My thoughts scattered, I was too steamy to think straight. All I wanted to do was to kiss her like she's never been kissed before.

We looked at each other with strong eye contact, and very little blinking. Our heads moving closer with every microsecond.

I pulled her closer and felt her closer to me than my skin, and locked my arms behind her curved waist, she place her arm around my shoulders. I felt a slight chill in my leg muscles. We were both wet and cold, but still our bodies pressed together heatedly against each other, breathing heavily as our lips also pressed together.

Not even the waves crashing against our body, was strong enough to separated our lips. The constant touch of our lips kept sending tingles throughout my body.

I raised her a little from the waist area and she locked her legs around my waist. I had never been kissed like that before, and I had never kissed anyone like that before. I didn't want to stop, and neither did she, but the waves kept hitting us harder with every roar, like it was jealous of us.

"I love you, Daisy." I said, after the waves was finally able to sever our lips.

She didn't say it back like I expected. She narrowed her eyes, and her smile wavered.

Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong? I thought. I felt a tightness in my chest, and a flattering in my stomach.

"Did I say something w... wrong." I trailed off as I spoke.

"No...no...You didn't." she forced a smile.

"Okay. So what's wrong."

"I just feel c...cold. Can we go back to the room now?" she said stuttering a little.

Her body shook a little, as she hugged herself.

Is there something Daisy is not telling me? I thought.

"Okay let's go."

We gathered all our stuff from the sand, and walked back to our room. On our way, we could see most of the tents now empty, with the lights still on, with empty dishes and cans scattered all over the place.

Neither of us spoke as we walked back to the room.

Was she ashamed we kissed? Was I a bad kisser? Did I trigger her trauma again?

Immediately we entered the room, she dropped everything she had in her hands; shoes, her petty coat, and her small hand bag, and went straight to the bathroom.

I got rid of my wet clothes and wrapped the giant towel around my waist. I don't know how it worked, but the room felt warmer, like no cold air ever entered.

She smiled at me immediately she got back from the bathroom. Wearing her pink overall night dress, and her hair covered with a thick pink scarf.

"I feel good now, try the hot water." she said.

"Okay." I forced a smile.

Thank God there was no mood swings. Usually, when her mood take a quick turn, she wouldn't talk to me for days, but it was different this time.

"Look James, there is a computer right there." she said immediately I got back from the bathroom, her hand pointing to the space on my right.

I tilted my head slightly to that side and pursing my lips. My forehead furrowed like 'Why the fuck should I care about a computer?'