21

I had a few minutes left of my break before my next lesson starts.

I was slightly worried.

I wonder what Zizi and Chuwie were going to say.

I message Chuwie, "Hey, where are you guys?"

I notice the singular tick and I assumed she mustn't have WiFi.

I therefore text Zizi, "Hey, where are you?"

She's quick to respond.

"I'm upstairs. On the hallway with the benches. Chuwie has gone out."

Ah, I remember Chuwie mentioning she was talking to somebody, I assume she must've went out with him.

I make my way upstairs, I notice Zizi was seated with a group of my other classmates.

My class was mainly just girls. We didn't have any boys in our class, literally, none.

Health and social care was much more quiet than my maths class.

Not that I had an issue. I had gotten myself to adapt to certain environments to ensure that I was comfortable.

I make my way towards them and Zizi screams. "She went off with a boy!"

The other girls just stare.

I stand with no trace of emotion.

You see-- I was slightly offended that something like this was being said openly. Not even by me-- MY situation.

My situation was being said for me.

I watch silently as Zizi continues.

You see, I wasn't bothered. You hurt me, she was hurting me.

I no longer could care about anything around me.

"She ran off with him! I chased her and she ran away from me."

I noticed one of the girls; She wore a hijab. She had caramel skin and such pretty lashes. Her nose was sharp and she had that cute yet sensual energy.

Her name was Tiana and she spoke up for me, "If Y/N wants to-- she can talk to whoever she wants and she doesn't owe anybody anything."

I smile. I was thankful. I appreciate it. I wasn't close to her, but her thoughtfulness really meant a lot to me.

I watched as Zizi's face was written with nothing but disgust.

She seemed annoyed.

You see-- it was frustrating. She did this all the time, for everything.

Nothing should stay personal, is her thought.

To an extent, I understood.

I may seem harsh.

However, I found it difficult to forget, no matter how many times I tell myself to move on. I guess I couldn't. This stems from our previous fallouts.

I found things hard to forget, which does lead me to hold plenty of grudges.

Not that I could care.

Pain is pain and it'll always remain.

It's like trying to cover up a bruise with makeup. That bruise is still there. One wipe and it's completely visible. No makeup, nothing. Absolutely nothing in the world can cover up something that has been done.

It was the same for Zizi. I could never forget. No matter how hard I tried.

Throughout the time that Chuwie was gone, me and Zizi barely spoke.