CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE TRUTH THAT LIES

(In perspective of Matthew Crustello):

Zana had entered into the room once again, and this time with two waters.
"I thought water would be good for the both of us."

I took the water gratefully and thanked her for it, even though I wasn't exactly thirsty.
"There isn't really any easy way to tell you this. Not to mention it WAS classified until you came along and figured it out." Zana joked with me.

"Sorry..." I told her sheepishly.

"Let's see, how can I put this... your parents always had their minds focused on fixing the world, uniting the sun and moon. With this goal in mind, they dedicated their lives to researching this topic. One day your father had come across the yin-yang symbol of the Chinese culture which symbolizes both light and dark and the balance between the two. He thought that the Chinese had possibly gone through a scenario much like ours so he dug further into the topic. That's how he found this map." she handed me a rolled up piece of paper that was tied with a red ribbon. I gently took it from her, untied the bow, and un-rolled the map. It showed our valley, surrounded by forests, desserts, more mountains (Like we need more of those) and then it showed a strange place, up in the clouds, with a staircase leading up to it. And there at the peak of the staircase sat the sun and the moon. I noticed tiny paragraphs all over the page and realized they were riddles.

"How did you get this?" I was in shock, especially for seeing this for the first time.

"When we..." she stopped, as if it pained her to tell him, as if she somehow couldn't.

"It's ok, I can take it." I reassured her.

"When we tried to find them, after they had disappeared, we found this map on the road, and we assumed the worst. But I will say that we never found any bodies." she told him.

"What if they're still out there and you just didn't look hard enough?" I tried to convince her.

"I'm sorry Matt, we've looked everywhere, sent out patrol units everywhere beyond the eye can see, and still no sign of them."

I took a deep breath, and managed to say, "I'm going to do it."
TO BE CONTINUED