Chapter 2

Anubhav's pov

"So, well the truth is that, I am just not satisfied with your answers and so you may take your leave now" I tried to send her out by speaking as much politely as I can, suppressing my anger to my level best. This was the ninth candidate I rejected, but I am not feeling even a tiny bit of sorry for it because all those who came for the interview were either too clumsy or too much shy as if I was asking for their hand in marriage with me, and the worst were those girls who were trying to get the job by seducing me. I respect my work and I can't tolerate this kind of nuisance at my workplace. I heard Billu letting out an audible sigh and saw him shaking his head in disappointment, my mind drifted off to this morning's events. I was about to enter my car to go home and get ready for work when I felt a splash of ink on my clothes, oh wait! this is my favourite yellow T-shirt. I looked at the direction from where the ink came and saw a girl in formal clothes, with the most beautiful, and innocent face I have ever seen, standing with a shocked expression, looking at my T-shirt where see splashed the ink. I was for a moment lost in her, wait what? lost? I immediately composed myself as I have seen many people's faces laden with innocence but they are vicious as hell from inside and are absolute gold digger. I yelled at her, "What the---, can't you see! are you blind? She immediately said sorry to me, ah what a sweet voice she has, wait not again! I reprimanded myself and saw her offering me a handkerchief for cleaning the ink. I told her," do you know you splashed ink on me when I'm already running late and now you're offering me this hanky of yours to clean it!" She immediately said, "sorry, I apologize, umm..... will you give me your T-shirt I will wash it for you and give it back to you, just give me your address." I was amazed listening to her but I asked her, "do you know whose T-shirt you are asking for?" she answered that it dosen't matter who I am but she is sorry for this mistake and will wash the T-shirt for me. I was going to ask her name when she said that she is getting late as she has an interview so she has to leave and before leaving she thrusted a note of 1000 in my hand and left hurriedly shouting that the money is a for me to send my shirt to the laundry or I could buy a new one. I was left dumbfounded at her innocence or better to say silliness. I left for home laughing to myself because I knew she would be giving interview in this office itself, either to Vicky or to me. My chain of thoughts broke when the door of my cabin pushed open and entered the girl whom I had met in the morning.   

Karishma finally spotted Haseena coming towards her with a frown on her face; she went towards her and asked, "Hiya tu kaha thi ab tak? aur yeh tera mu itna sada hua kyu hai? kuch hua tha kya?" Hm- "Nahi nahi sab thik hai tu chod woh sab aur chal. Ek minute tu kuch badli badli si lag rahi hai, galo mein halki si laali, baat kya hai haan?", she asked teasingly. Karishma's mind drifted off to what had transpired few minutes ago, how she collided with that person,how he saved her from falling down, how she was lost in him, how handsome he was, ahmm...... handsome??? she jerked herself out from her thoughts as she heard Haseena's voice, " kaha kho gayi tu?" Ks- "Kuch nahi tu chal interview dene". Both left from there.

Shocked, Haseena looked at the person sitting on the chair in the CEO's Cabin. Horrified would be an understatement to describe Haseena's state; the person on whose clothes she splashed ink today and gave him a 1000 rupee note to send it to the laundry or buy a new T-shirt for himself was maybe her future boss! For Haseena this thing didn't matter that Anubhav was the owner of World's topmost company but the fact that mattered was that she ruined her image in front her future boss in the first meet itself; she was worried that maybe he would think that she is a clumsy, irresponsible and messy person and Secretaries are people who must be very organized. All these thoughts were running in Haseena's mind but she did not let it show on her face, as she was a pro in masking her emotions, after all this is one the lessons life has taught her. She rarely showed her emotions to anyone except her Kiya who was a inseparable part of her life; only death could do both friends apart but sometimes she used to hide her emotions from her as well. she greeted Anubhav with a professional smile and asked for permission to enter. As- Yes Ms. Mallik please come in and have a seat. I wan't to clear one thing at first, we would keep our personal and professional life separate. To subah ko jo bhi hua uss se hamare official work ka koi lena dena nahi hai, I hope you got my point. "Yes Sir" Haseena said feeling relieved. As- To Ms. Mallik apki qualifications kaafi acchi hain, management mein apki rank top 10 mein se hai aur aapko buisness ke bare mai bhi kaafi kuch pata hai, hmm...... good. Hm- yes Sir. As- Ok so sab kuch perfect hain, aap bataiye yeh job aapko kyun chahiye? aap chahti to apna ek firm bhi khol sakti thi. Hm- Sir yeh job main chahti hoon taki main experience gain kar sakun; phir main apni khud ki business start karungi. As- "Ok, so last question, tell me any three reasons I should not select you. Hm- "Sir I don't think so there is any reason for you not selecting me for this job, I will try my best to live up to your expectations. As a human being I will have my flaws but I will try to correct them and inprove myself with time, rest is your choice." She said with a confident smile. Anubhav was impressed with her answer; he had asked this question to many candidates but none could give him a satisfying reply. "Well you're witty I must say and I like your answer, so I think you should join from today itself", he said with a slight smirk. Haseena was very happy and Billu's happiness knew no bounds, for finally his Anubhav Sir had selected someone as his secretary. He hurriedly ran and congratulated Haseena forgetting about his surroundings, "Mubarak ho aap selected ho gayi" Haseena was a bit startled at first but then chuckled at Billu's excitement, she said, "Thank you so much. Lagta hai ki mere pehle bhi bohot log aaye the interview dene" B- "Are Haseena madam main aap ko kya hi bolu Sir to aise hi hain, koi pasand nahi aata unhe, chahe woh kaam ki jagah ho yaa phir unka personal life hi lelo, itne hatte katte handsome se hain, mana mere jitna handsome woh hain nahi par phir bhi kam bhi to nahi hai! phir bhi mujhe koi bhav nahi deta par inpar to duniya ke saari ladkiya marti hain aur inhe kisi mein bhi ittu saa interest nahi hain......he was going to continue but stopped after receiving a glare from Anubhav and here Haseena was trying to suppress her smile. Anubhav immediately cleared his throat and said," Miss Mallik aap Billu se saari Information le lijiye aur ek ghante ke andar hume hamara aaj ka schedule mil jana chahiye, is that clear?" Hm- "Yes Sir."        As- "Billu tum inhe apna cabin dikhado." Billu left with Haseena towards her cabin.

Assitant CEO's Cabin, Singh Corporations  

"Aap selected hain iss job ke liye" Vikaram said with a smile. Karishma was very happy to get this job; now she just hoped that her Hiya also gets selected for her job in the same company as she needed to support her bestie and soul sister, how could she bear leaving her alone when she still not had completely gotten over her painful past. Another reason for Karishma's happiness, which she is denying to accept is being able to become the Secretary of the same man, in whose deep ocean-like eyes she felt herself drowning. Vikram's condition was no different, although he was a man who preffered keeping his proffesional and personal life separate, he couldn't help feeling happy about the fact that the girl in whose doe-like eyes he was lost this morning, with whom he somehow felt a heart to heart connection, as if they had known each others for years, was going to work under him, with him as his secretary. Karishma said, " Thank you Sir for giving me this oppurtunity, I will try my best to not to disappoint you and will try to improve myself with time" Karishma said in a confident tone with a smile. Vs- "I know and I have full faith that you will surely be able to do everything you promised me." Both were again lost in each others eyes; just then there was a knock at the door disturbing their peaceful moment, both composed themselves and Vikram answered," Yes, come in." Iqbal came in and said," Sir apne bulaya?"Before Vikram could say anything Iqbal hurriedly interrupted him on seeing Karishma, "Are Sir aapko secretary mil gayi! chalo accha hai warna aapke liye coffee late late main to thak gaya tha." Vs- " Ahmm..... Iqbal tum inhe inka cabin dikha do aur sab samjha aur Miss Singh aap, *suddenly in all stern and bossy tone yet politely* ek ghante mein mein mera schedule lekar aap mere cabin mein aajaiye." Ks- "Yes Sir." Karishma alongwith Iqbal left towards her cabin. 

So guys this was the second chapter. I know ki thoda boring tha aur uske liye mujhe maaf karna. Mere exams chal rahe the aur mein 4th March ko seedha exams khatam hone ke baad hi update karne wali thi par mere first chapter mein aap logo ka itna pyara response dekhkar main apne aap ko rok nahi paayi aur mujhe aaj thoda time mila to maine update kardiya. Please vote and express your opinions on this chapter. What do you think about Anubhav and Haseena's encounter with each other? Are Vikram and Karishma falling for each other? Do you find Billu and Iqbal funny?

Keep watching Maddam Sir from Monday to Saturday on Sony Sab at 10 p.m. only on Telivision.