Chapter 22

"Phir jab humne aankh kholi...

That day...

A dark room which has been kept unused for many days, sunlight seldom enters it. A girl is tied to a wooden chair in the middle of the room, she is none other than Haseena. Her hair is dishevelled, clothes are torn at places, cheeks have dried tear marks, she has a patch of dried blood on her forehead and her body is badly bruised. She slowly gains consciousness and blinks her eyes to adjust her vision, a small 'ahh' comes out of her mouth due to the pain in her whole body, her head is hurting badly, suddenly the door opens and a man comes inside holding a belt in his hand.

"Adrish tum!?", Haseena spoke up feebly, she was tired with all the happenings going on in her life, she cursed herself for believing Adrish and she loathed herself for being alive with her crushed dignity.

"Tum mujhse bhaag paogi, aisa tumne socha bhi kaise love?", Adrish asked with a sickly sweet smile, "Sochna kya hai, hum toh nikal bhi gaye the, tumhi ho jisne kaayar ki tarah pichhe se vaar kiya", Haseena replied bitterly with a sassy smirk even in that kind of a situation.

"I like your sass, you look even more sexy with that love! but I love that red colour on you more, when blood trickles down your thighs it looks so amazing!", Adrish stated while caressing her cheek

Haseena felt utterly disgusted at his words, "Don't call me 'love' you bastard, don't you dare taint that pure word! tum pyaar toh kya, meri nafrat ke bhi kaabil nahi ho!", she said angrily through gritted teeth.

Adrish slapped Haseena with force causing her chair to fall down sideways with a thud, her temple started bleeding at the impact. "Oh love! dekho toh phirse tumne mujhe gussa dila diya, main yeh sab nahi karna chahta hoon, par tum humesha majboor kardeti ho mujhe", he said straightening her chair.

Haseena was feeling dizzy, the blood loss was too much, her lips had split open due to the slap and she could taste her own blood. She wanted to fight back, she wanted to get out of this, she wanted to live, "Adrish, tum humse pyaar karne ka dawa karte hona, toh kyun baandh ke rakha hai humein, leave me Adrish! pyaar aise zabardasti se haasil karne ki cheez nahi hai!", Haseena said calmly, she understood anger won't help her in getting rid of this monster.

"Yaar Haseena bohot bolti ho tum! yeh gyaan ki baatein mujhe mat hi do toh achha hoga, aaj kuch alag type ka maza karne ki soch raha tha main, mood kharab mat karo!", saying so he launched the belt at her already bruised body causing her to shriek in pain.

The door opened at the same time, revealing a gang of drunk men whom she recognised as Adrish's friends. They approached her with sheer lust in their eyes, as if she was a mere object not a human being. She couldn't believe that the men who once used to tease her by calling 'bhabi', wanted nothing more than her body.

The moon hid behind the dark clouds, as the earth witnessed her soul-shattering cries, once again putting humanity to shame.

That was it for Anubhav, his face became completely expressionless and the cold aura exuding from him could cause anyone to freeze in extreme fear. If anything was worse than Anubhav's anger, then it was his silence.

Haseena sat there with red eyes and a broken confidence. She knew that a group of filthy cowards couldn't taint her dignity, but well the society doesn't think the same, neither does it let anyone leave peacefully.

She scooted closer to Anubhav and continued, "Wohlog humein wahi chhodke bhaag gaye the, 3 din baad humne jab aankh kholi toh wahan pe Karishma aur Mamta maa humaare saamne baithe the"

"6 mahine lag gaye humein uss haadse se bahaar nikalne mein, humne phirse job start kiya ek Nursery School mein. November mein humaari mulakaat Amar se hui."

"Uski company ke stationary items ka supply school mein hota tha, woh usswakt CEO nahi tha, uske pitaji ne usko Head supervisor ke position mein rakha tha, ekdin woh items ki supervision keliye school aaya, aur humaari mulaakat hui. Dheere dheere jaan pehchaan badhne lagi, ekdin usne humein lunch keliye poocha, toh humne himmat karke haan kehdiya, aise hi chalta raha, aur kuch mahinon baad usne humein propose kiya", Anubhav took Haseena in a bear hug, causing her to melt into his warmth.

"Mamta maa aur orphanage ke saare logon ne humein, samjhaya aur yakeen dilaaya ki Amar bohot achha hai, humein usse ek mauka dena chahiye, aakhir usne sabko apne natak mein fasa liya tha. Hala ki Kiya ki bilkul ichha nahi thi ki hum usse nikah kare, kyunki pehle din se hi Amar aur Karishma ke beech banti nahi thi."

"Usne humein nikah ke pehle bhi kaha rishta todne keliye, lekin humne vaada kiya tha, kaise todte, itne logon ke saamne hum uski beizzati kaise hone dete, upar se woh humse pyaar karne ka dawa karta tha, humse ummeedein lagakar baitha tha, aur sach kahe Anubhav usne shaadi se pehle ekbaar bhi bura bartaav nahi kiya, par hum galat nikle phirse!"

"Shaadi ke baad who poori tarah se badal gaya, humein akele kahi jaane nahi deta tha, Kiya se milne ke wakt bhi humesha saath rehta tha, humaara phone check karta tha, humesha shaq karta tha. Ekdin hum usse bina bataye apne ek dost se milne gaye, toh usne gusse mein hume thappad maar diya", Anubhav was busy imagining the way he would torture both Amar and Adrish.

"Usne bohot maafi maangi humse, par fir yeh haath uthana frequent hone laga, humne self defence mein ekdin uspe haath uthaya, toh badle mein usne humse zabardasti ki, uss raat saara trauma phirse wapas aagaya humaara, subha jab aankh khuli, toh kisi dusre ghar mein the hum."

"Woh jagah Arunachal Pradesh mein koi chhota hill station tha, wahan humein pata chala ki Amar ki ek girlfriend hai, and he married me kyunki uske pita humaare abbu ke achhe dost the aur unhone vaada kiya tha ki woh uski shaadi humse karwayenge. Amar ke parents ne shart rakhi thi ki agar usse property chahiye toh usse humse shaadi karni hogi, isiliye usne yehsab kiya."

"Ghar ke saare kaam humse karwaana, har raat ko apni hawas mitaana aur physical torture chalta hi rehta tha, uparwaale ki kripa se hum ekdin wahan se mauka dekhkar nikal gaye, uske guards se khudko bachane mein hum ek unchi jagah se gir gaye, bohot saari fractures aayi hume, par hum bach gaye. Wahan ke logon ne humein hospital mein admit karwaaya, Karishma ko aur baaki sabka number humse lekar phone bhi kiya, uske baad humme 1 saal laga mentally recover karne keliye, fir aagaye hum uss jagah ko chhodkar, nayi shuruwaat karne keliye, Lucknow Kiya ke saath", Haseena huffed completing her story.

"Aur ab donon hi wapas aaye hain!", Anubhav said composing himself, Haseena could sense his anger, "Anubhav, hum nahi chahte aapko kuch ho, please hum aapko kho nahi sakte isiliye gusse mein koi galat kadam mat uthaiyega", she said cupping his cheek.

Anubhav smiled at her, "Tum chinta mat karo Chanda, humein kuch nahi hoga, balki un donon ko saza milegi, aur tum khud apna badla logi", he kissed her forehead. Haseena thought it would be better not to ask how she would take revenge; she was finally at peace after pouring her heart out to him and wanted nothing more than to be with him for a life time.

She hugged him tightly placing her head on his chest, his heartbeat soothing her heart, enveloping her in a sense of contentment. Anubhav kissed her head and pulled her even closer, causing her to close her eyes and snuggle into him, but she failed to notice the devilish glint in his eyes that screamed vengeance, blood and gore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello dear friends, sorry for being so late. Just finished my boards. Hope you all are healthy, happy and safe. Here goes the 22nd chapter of the story. Please feel free to point out my mistakes and comment your views on the chapter. Healthy criticism is dearly accepted.