Chapter 15

Anubhav couldn't decipher the emotions swirling in Haseena's deep black orbs, as she walked towards him. He again failed in reading her eyes, but he knew that love is not so easy, moreover he did not know whether she too feels the same for him or not. "Good morning Sir, I hope I am not late", Haseena greeted Anubhav avoiding any eye contact with him. Anubhav greeted her back but he could sense something was wrong with her. They both went towards the table booked for the client.

A man dressed in a formal suit was standing in a dimly lit room. He was 5'10" tall and considerably handsome (Of course Anubhav se zyada nahi! 😏), he was talking to someone over the phone. "Tumhe yakeen hai ki woh yahin hai, mujhe use jald se jald milna hai!" "Haan Sir pakki khabar hai! Who yaheen hain!" the person from the other side spoke in a trembling voice, "Theek hai, lekin agar woh mujhe yanha nahi mili, toh apni maut keliye taiyyar rehna!" saying so he cut the call. "Sir abhi aap kya karneka soch rahe hain!?" a middle-aged stout man entered and asked, "Abhi filhaal humaari jaaneman ko dhoonda hai!" "Par Sir aaj toh aapki meeting hai!" "Meeting ko parso keliye postpone kardo" "Theek hai Sir!". He smiled evilly and said, "I am back Jaan, very soon I will make you mine again! And this time I promise I will not let you go."

"Miss. Mallik let's go back, humaare client aaj nahi aanewaale, Ravi just informed me that he got indulged in an urgent work", Anubhav stated clearly annoyed. His mood was successfully ruined, he hated these kinds of unprofessionalism, the client party could have informed earlier but they made no attempt to do so, rather when Anubhav's team contacted them, they then informed about their inability to attend the meeting today. "Phir yeh meeting kab hogi Sir?" Haseena asked carefully enough not to irritate her super angry boss "Parso rakhne ko bola hai, I hope they keep their word this time, otherwise never dealing with them ever" Anubhav said with a sharp look and turned to leave.

Haseena was collecting her belongings for returning home. Her work had finished half an hour ago but her overthinking mind led her in writing a note in she confessed how much she loved Anubhav and how much she wanted to be with him, but they are not meant to be together and he should break his friendship with her and stay away from her for his own good. (Me- Yaar inko koi samjhao!) She wanted to give the note to him but then she realised that all of this was so foolish, why should she let him know that she loved him, he definitely does not have her in his heart. Moreover, this unnecessary confession would make things awkward in her professional and might lead in breaking of their friendship, the only thing in which she found some solace. She reprimanded herself to keep her feelings in check, she knew how it feels when your feelings are not reciprocated and in addition to that people toy with your "Jazbaat". She trusted Anubhav a lot, she understands that something might have happened in his past, which has made him bitter, but she knew he has a soft side too, she has seen it. She knows she has again done injustice to her poor heart by falling for him heard, but she has this assurance that she will never confess and he will never know.

"Anubhav is a gem and he deserves the whole world, not a curse like me", Haseena thought to herself crumpling the note in her hands. There was a knock at the door which resulted in falling of the note from her hands.

Anubhav entered Haseena's cabin, he looked tired, his hair was dishevelled but he looked so handsome even when weary, Haseena blushed at her inappropriate thoughts but composed herself hearing his voice. "Aap ghar nahi jaayengi Haseena ji? kaafi raat hogayi hai aapko ghar keliye prasthan karna chahiye" "Hum nikal hi rahe the Sir, Kiya ka phone aaya tha, woh apna bike lekar humaare liye wait karahi hai" "Yeh toh achhi baat hai, aur der mat kijiye" "Haan Sir, par aap kaafi thake hue lagrahe hain, aapko aaraam karna chahiye, aap bhi ghar jaiyye Sir", Haseena couldn't help feeling concerned for him, no matter how much she tries being professional with him her love for him always was always displayed through her actions.