Chapter 9

Kareena reached home hell tired after the party was over. Pushpa ji had told them to stay back but both of them refused cause they had many things to ponder on, and which can be done only in their home sweet home. For Karishma it was her first time experiencing an emotion called love....she has been rough and tough from her childhood, and for her, love, relationship, marriage, everything was nothing but a waste of time, but now when she has fallen in love, she feels contented, as if she is the happiest one in the whole earth, and she wants her dearest Hiya, to fall in love too, cause only true love has the power to bring her out of her past. She also knows the person who will love her truly....and that is none other than her Anu Bhaiya, yes she had seen the care in his eyes for Hiya, though he dosen't admit, she knows he has feelings for her, after all she herself is just bhaukaali like Anu bhaiya, so she knows.....and believe it or not Hiya too has feelings for him, which she refuses to recognise due to her horibble past, but what Karishma didn't know was Anubhav's past, which has made himself this cold hearted, as he at least pretends to be so in front of the world.

Haseena's mind was replaying the dance which she had with Anubhav at the party, their closeness, Anubhav's compliments, everything had created a hotchpotch inside her, but she was surprisingly calm....her heart felt at peace, slowly she felt her eyelids getting heavy and she drifted off to sleep. Next morning, Haseena was sitting in her cabin, going through the files, when Billu entered....."Haseena madam, woh Maa ne aapke liye yeh diya hai", he said handing her a box of chocolates with a note on it, Haseena smiled and said, "Pushpa Ji ko shukriya kehdena, humaari taraf se, nahi...chodiye hum khud keh denge" , Billu saluted in his typical style and left. Haseena chuckled at his antics, and started reading the note.... "Haseena, meri bachhi, kal Tripti se ladne keliye jo tips diye na tune, woh bohot kaam aaye humare, hum na uske saamne ekdam...kya kehte hai usse, haan cool the....bohot maza aaya mujhe *Haseena smiles* Tu soch rahi hogi ki main tujhe chitthi kyun likh rahi hoon, haina? asal mein main aaj apne behen ke ghar jaa rahi hoon, ek mahine keliye, woh uski tabiyat kharab hai, toh tere liye yeh gift aur chitthi main bhej rahi hoon, thik hai beta bye, aur haan mere Anu ne pehli baar kisi party mein aise khulkar enjoy kiya hai, uski ek muskurahat, jiske liye main tarasti thi, woh toh kamse kam din mein do baar to dekhne ko milta hi hai aajkal..... aur beta yeh sab na teri wajah se hua hai......zyada likh diya naa, khair chhod, tu chocolate khaale." Haseena folded the note and kept it inside her purse, she felt happy knowing she was the cause due to which Anubhav enjoyed in the party, but she was still confused regarding the matter of her being the reason for Anubhav's smile. (Me- Uff yeh confusion waali masoomiyat Haseena urf Hiya di...😜)

"Barbie tujhe pata hai, kal Singhs ke wanha ek close knit party hui thi", "Haan yaar hui thi naa party, aur toh aur office mein se kisi aur ko toh nahi bulaaya par Santu, Mira, yanha tak ki Haseena aur Karishma bhi gaye the", replied Barbie. It was lunchtime, Misri, Barbie, Avtaar and Rajvir were chatting together.....AK- Yaar woh log PA's hain, so unhe toh bulayenge hi naa, Rajvir nodded in agreement while stuffing the vada pao in his mouth...."Achha! secretary hone se family functions mein bhi jaane ka mauka milta hai kya? PA hai, door ki mausi nahi", Misri mocked, "Haan aur party mein jaake bade log hogaye hain wohab yanha thode hi na aayenge", Barbie seconded her. Rajvir spoke up,"Aree kaam karrahe honge, tumlog bhi kya, dost hain humare yaar woh", "Aur nahi toh kya... woh dekho aarahe hain", Avtaar said pointing towards the girl gang approaching them. "Sorry haan, humlog late hogaye thoda", Santu said cutely, "Koi nahi Santu maddam, bas abhi makeup karne mat lag jaana", Avtaar joked, "Oh hello! main koi humesha makeup nahi karti haan", all laughed at her cuteness, Haseena patted her back and said, "Haan humari Santu toh naturally itni khubsoorat hai, ki usse makeup ki koi zaroorat nahi hai", Santu smiled and hugged Haseena tightly, "I love you Hiya Diiii", the atmoshphere was all happy and joyful, but jealousy was one thing Misri and Barbie couldn't avoid, they never tried though. Misbie were jealous of Kareena having the privilage to attend a family function of the Singhs, they were anyways not very fond of the soul-sisters, morever they were not even once successful in impressing Vikbhav.

Anubhav ran his hand in his hair for the 1000th time, thick tension was looming inside the cabin, Aakriti was sitting cross-legged on the chair facing Anubhav, when Haseena's voice sounded from outside the door, "May I come in Sir", Anubhav mouthed a yes and she entered the cabin. "Haseena Mallik, kya yeh file aapne dekhi hai", Anubhav said in a grave voice, showing a yellow file to Haseena, "Haan Sir yeh file toh humne hi complete ki thi kal", Aakriti chimed in, "See Anu, I told you, she is the one who created this mess", "Kaisa mess Sir? Kya humse koi galti hogayi?", Haseena asked trying to understand the situation, Aakriti was about to say something when Anubhav showed her his hand, "Miss Mallik kya aapko sach mein nahi pata ki aapne koi galti bhi ki hai", Anubhav said trying to supress his anger, Haseena being confused, nodded her head in no, Anubhav banged his fist hardly on the table, "Damn it!", "You know you have committed a blunder! kuch accounts confidential the, isiliye humne aapko diye the un accounts ke details iss file mein correctly likhne keliye, par aapne details galat likhe the, aur aapki carelessness ki wajah se, ek mahine keliye in accounts related kaam ruk gaya, ab project mein aur delay hogi!", Anubhav shouted, Haseena flinched at his loud tone but composed herself and said calmly,"Sir koi galatfehmi hui hogi humne bohot achhe se saare details put kiye hain, aur baar baar recheck kiya hai", "Toh main kya jhoot bolrahi hoon? yeh file mein details galat likhe gaye hain aur maine aur Anubhav ne milke confirm kiya hai" Aakriti said with a feigned smile, Haseena looked at her, then again turned towards Anubhav and said, "Sir hume nahi pata hyeh kaise hogaya, lekin sachmein humaari koi galti nahi hai", "Miss Mallik yeh file aaone complete karke seedha humare cabin mein pohnchaya tha? Yes or no?", Anubhav asked angrily, "Yes Sir", "So bas, discussion khatam, yeh file seedha humaare cabin mein aaya hai, aur aap hi humaari PA hain, so no third person involved, humne khud aapne haathon se Aakriti ko yeh file diya tha aur woh iss project mein meri partner hai, isse saaf saaf pata chalta hai ki galti aapse hi hui hai, so why don't you accept it", Anubhav said loudly, Haseena was trying to tell something when Anubhav continued, "You know what! hum aapko kaabil samajhte the, but here achhe se kaam karna toh door, you can't even accept your fault! ek kaam ek kaam bola tha aapse karne ko, yeh sochke ki aap dedicated hain, but nahi woh bhi aap kaise karengi, haina?", Haseena looked up hearing Anubhav, her palms became sweaty, she started sweating profusely, even the AC was having no effect on her, she was becoming anxious when she heard Anubhav, "You know what! Leave, Leave immediately!", he shouted, Haseena was not in a state to say anything, she left the cabin with great difficulty. She was breathing heavily standing on the corridor, Aakriti came and stood in front of her and, "Tumhe pata hai, tum sirf worthless ho, nahi pata naa, lekin ab toh jaan hi gayi hogi", she laughed and walked away clicking her heels.

"Tumhe pata haina tum sirf ek worthless, unwanted 'bojh' ho! Matlab ek kaam, ek kaam bola tha tumse karne ko, par nahi tum toh maharani ho kaise kar paogi, haina?" *sarcastically in an angry tone*.... *faint voice* "hum, hum wahi karrahe the, do minute dijiye woh......*the girl falls on the floor, with a loud thud*" Bewakoof samjha hai mujhe!!!*man shouts angrily* thoda achhe se baat kya karliya, tum toh khud ko ghar ki maalkin hi samajhne lagi, haan? Lagta hai tumhe tumhaari aukat yaad dilani hi paregi".... the lights of the room, where the conversation is going on, are dimmed and muffled screams of the girl is heard..... "Nah... hum... mat karo....uhhh...ohhh....nahiiiiii!", Haseena screamed loudly, Karishma woke up hearing her cries, she saw Haseena was heavily sweating with her eyes closed, mumbling something, sensing it was another horrible nightmare, which was triggering Haseena's past, she shook her so that she wakes up. "Hum....kaha hai...woh yanha... "Saanth Hiya saanth tum ghar pe ho, kuch nahi hua hai, hum haina" saying so Karishma hugged her, she felt her dress getting wet, Haseena was crying silently in her arms, today's happenings have triggered her past again.

Here goes the ninth chapter of the story. Please pardon the typos and comment your honest reviews. Do vote and tell me what are my flaws and faults, so that I can improve myself. Watch Maddam Sir from Mon-Sat at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Sony SAB only on TELIVISION.