Chapter 16

Tum ek ladki ho! tumhe jo kaha jaayega wahi karna hoga!

Beta humaare liye itna nahi karegi tu?

You are always supposed to follow my orders darling!

Zyada zubaan na chalao warna anjaam toh tumhe pata hi hai!

All the memories from her horrible past was flooding inside Haseena's head, she was not ready to accept the fact that the message she received today morning was from the person she hated the most. Just when she was feeling that now her life was back on track, she could lead her life normally, different from what she was leading then, her past was again there to haunt her! But again, when was life merciful on her?

The cool breeze on the terrace of her worn out apartment did nothing to soothe the burning inside her heart. She let out a deep breath and hurried downstairs to take her medicines.

As Haseena reached her room, she found Karishma stirring lightly in her sleep, Haseena sat beside her and started caressing her hairs. Karishma was her sister by heart! if not by blood, looking at her innocent face she knew her Kiya deserved all the happiness and the Singh family! they were the most powerful family in India and maybe in the world too, but they were a happy family, and she wasn't supposed to ruin their happiness, she had no right! This was her life, her problems, her difficulties! then why should she bother others!

Haseena's mind drifted off to Anubhav's thoughts, the tall well-built handsome man with an equally beautiful heart was her role model, most importantly her love! her heart ached whenever she thought of being away from him, but she knew that they weren't made for each other, not in this life atleast.

After a lot of inner conflict, Haseena was determined to act strictly professional, distance herself from everyone, cut off all ties with everyone after Vikram and Karishma's marriage and go away somewhere leaving Lucknow.

Well, nobody has control over fate, Haseena too was unaware of the twist that was coming into her not so smooth life.

Manzil meri raah mera

Chalane waala koi aur hai

Chah meri khwab mera

Hakeekat kuch aur hai

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haseena was trying to focus on the details of the meeting with the client who had cancelled the previous meet on account of an emergency and made Anubhav super pissed off as they didn't consider to even inform. But she was continuously getting distracted as her inner voice was telling her that something was not right, she was feeling that something was going to happen and definitely wouldn't be good.

Her trail of thoughts was interrupted as Anubhav entered adjusting his cuff links and to say Haseena was awestruck would be an understatement because she was literally gawking at her devilishly handsome boss who was looking ravishing in his blue tuxedo, but she immediately scolded herself for her inappropriate thoughts and tried to focus.

Anubhav raised his head on feeling someone's gaze and a slight smirk formed on his lips seeing Haseena checking him out and immediately a mischievous idea popped on his head as he thought of teasing his lady love.

Anubhav walked towards Haseena and put his hands on either side of the chair in which she was sitting. Haseena was surprised finding him so close to her and was getting nervous as hell. Anubhav brought his face closer to hers and spoke in her ears, "Haseena ji, aajki meeting keliye aap taiyyar haina?" his lips brushed against her earlobes as he spoke and his manly scent filled up her nostrils, Haseena was fumbling at their proximity and her cheeks turned crimson, it seemed as if she had lost her ability to speak, she barely nodded her head. Anubhav was examining her beautiful innocent face keenly, he smiled inwardly at his effect on her. Seeing Haseena give a nod he again spoke in her ears to tease her, "Achhi baat hai, lekin aise kisiko ghoorna achhi baat nahi" saying so he stood straight and started working on his phone as if nothing has happened.

Haseena let out a breath she was holding for long, her heart was beating erratically and she felt it would leap out of her ribcage just now. She muttered under her breath in annoyance, "Handsome devil huh! meeting keliye taiyyar hai ki nahi hum, yeh toh thoda door rehkar bhi poocha jaa sakta tha na, aise koi heart attack deta hai? Hum jitna inse door jaane ki koshish karte hain, yeh humaare aur paas aajate hain!"

"Apne aapse baat karna achhi aadat nahi hai Haseena ji!" Anubhav said looking at Haseena with his infamous smirk playing on his lips. Haseena pretended to focus on her file pushing an imaginary strand of hair behind her ear.

Their sweet moment ended with the entry of their client and Haseena felt her breathing stop as she saw her nightmare standing in front of her eyes in all his glory after 3 years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming:

Khayalon mein ho tum

Khwabon mein tum hi ho

Yeh tamaam kaynaat jaanta hai

Tum sirf meri ho ⁓🥀

Here goes the 16th chapter of the story. Please feel free to point out my mistakes and comment your views on the chapter. Healthy criticism is dearly accepted. Please watch Maddam Sir from Monday to Saturday at 10 p.m. on Sony SAB only on TELEVISION.