Chapter Ten

I woke up the next morning feeling even more tired than usual. The issue was the nightmare I had and then staying for a while talking with Noah, but I really didn't mind that. I felt totally relaxed when I talked to him about everything that I felt, especially about the situation we've been in these years. Even though I just met the guy, and found out that Jill, my boss, is his aunt, I felt that I could trust him with my life.

I just stared at the bottom of the top bunk. I'm guessing Krista was awake because her bed didn't look like it had a dent in it from her body. But I just stayed in bed, not wanting to get up yet. I could hear people chatting and feet shuffling against the floor. Something was going on, something important but I didn't know if I should join in or not because I was the new person.

A long sigh escaped my lips as I rubbed my face with my hands. I had to get up sooner or later. After about ten minutes of just laying there, I slowly got out of bed and looked around for a bit. My eyebrow raised slightly at everyone, they were all wearing the standard uniform. But why? I thought they burned the clothes? I soon remembered a few days ago when I first met Noah. He had on the white buttoned shirt, the khakis and black shoes. I'm guessing to be in "disguise" and "blend in" with the rest of the world. But what about me? I'm guessing to be in "disguise" and "blend in" with the rest of the world. But what about me?

I gazed around the room before spotting Noah, Ben and Krista talking with Jill. I slowly made my way over to them. As I approached them, Jill finished up her conversation with them.

"You guys know what you have to do?" She said as she looked at the three of them. They all nodded their heads yes as I cleared my throat.

"Hey, sorry for waking up late...what did I miss?" I asked as they turned to look at me. Noah gave me a smile and I smiled back at him.

"Not much, just a run down for the day." Krista said to me with a small smile. I just nodded my head and looked over at Noah.

"Alright guys, you go on ahead, I'll see you later." She said to the three of them as they walked towards the exit. I watched them leave and Noah turned around looking over at me. He gave me a smile and a wink before following Ben and Krista out the door. The room was now empty and it was just Jill and I.

"How come I didn't go with them?" I asked Jill as she walked over to a large dark brown desk, in the back of the room.

"Well, you're technically new here. We have some procedures and safety precautions to go over." She said to me as she sat behind the desk and motioned for me to sit down in the chair on the other side of the desk.

"So you're probably wondering why they're still wearing the clothes?" She asked me as she tilted her head waiting for a reply

I nodded my head slowly before answering. "I mean I figured it was a disguise and to blend in."

"You're right on that." She said with a nod

"But, they burned their clothes...they had me burn mine." I said with a raised eyebrow and leaned back in my seat.

"Yeah, it was Noah, Ben and Krista that did that. But they still had extras to go out in the world with and blend in so they wouldn't get caught. The reason they burned them is because of how trapped they felt. Even though they're wearing them, they're not as trapped because they're now a part of the rebellion." She explained to me. I nodded my head slowly.

"And what about the pharmacy?" I asked her. There were times where Jill had called out but not often, just like the other day. I figured it was because she had to come here.

"Well Krista and Ben are going there now. Things obviously changed in the past couple of days now that you're here. It's not a bad thing, don't worry. I'm honestly glad you're here, I wasn't expecting you to be here this soon."